Mansplaining: The Statue

You’re perpetuating stereotypes.

2 Likes

So… Two types of pirates?

Ah, you think I missed your :smiley: and pint-dodging. Not. Trust that I can address the non-issue without taking you seriously.

This train is headed for the barn.

1 Like

From the words and the pixels that I have seen in my time it certainly did.

I’m kind of imagining the statue-conversation as going “Hey there, little lady, how do you like my balls?”

That could just be a reflection of the university I went to, I suppose…

4 Likes

Can’t resist feeding the trollies, can you?

.#NotAllPirates

1 Like

There’s a word for that…

Yet I don’t use malice, anger, ad hominems, and I am generally just surreal. So if I am a troll, I am a very ineffective one. I also do take part in serious debate about 60% of the time. However I am serious 95% of the day, and it feels good to blow off a little silly steam.

I am the first to admit most of my jokes don’t land. But they come from a place of honesty, self deprecation, and observation. But if that makes me a troll…

6 Likes

Is that an apple in your hand or are you just happy to… Christ Almighty quit fluffing yourself up with fruit you are ruining apples for me!!

I of course mis-read the school’s name as “University of the Incarnate Wood”.

2 Likes

[quote=“milliefink, post:35, topic:58455”]Imagine this, bro – a statue just like that, but with the genders reversed.[/quote]Not just like that, but from the sculptor of the aforementioned Secret Bench of Knowledge:

(It’s called The Bench of Vice.)

2 Likes

The artist clearly lives in the uncanny valley and promotes immigration to and fro.

But to her credit she inducted both Jack Layton and Tommy Douglas into the valley, though I’d prefer they stayed here… not sure why she made Tommy Douglas into a Klingon or why there is spooge on his leg but whatevs?

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie, this is one of the more entertaining threads this year.

3 Likes

Are you referring to the senseless arguments?

8 Likes

I don’t know what it’s called, but it always amuses me that the derailers make the time to chime in on topics that aren’t worth talking about.

9 Likes

No, when there’s funny pictures I just gloss right over the senseless arguments.

1 Like

Ah, yes, much like how it’s normal and “clean” to wipe your ass with your bare hand in Saudi, but pointing your feet at a man is gravely insulting because “feet are dirty”.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I do need to up my game on gifs. I am letting everyone down.

1 Like

Mansplashing: The Statue

10 Likes