Map of state-level coronavirus coordination efforts look like apocalyptic sci-fi

I get that epistemic tensions are high and it’s appropriately cyberpunk edgy to riff on the idea of an American Civil War 2.0, but I just can’t find it funny or entertaining. Pretty no much no matter where you draw the lines, that kind of conflict would inevitably be between nuclear powers and there are enough batshit insane people all over the country that someone would try to use them. Whether they’d be successful is another story–if central secure command gets balkanized they run a large risk of destroying themselves.

6 Likes

The west coast states are all both coastal hubs and agrarian interior. The fact that they combine urban tech centers with vast agricultural empires will be the key to their success in the coming civil war.

3 Likes

I think the answer, if someone asks the question, is right there.

1 Like

As a Washingtonian who grew up in the Spokane / Coeur d’Alene area, I want to get Idaho in on this plan ASAP. The traffic and commerce between those two cities is bound to cause problems if it isn’t coordinated.

4 Likes

You mean the thin lines covering the traitorous states? Note the thick blue line that encircles them all? I believe that means they are all part of the Higher Education Recovery Task Force, in addition to the various other regional compacts they belong to.

2 Likes

Aha! I totally missed the blue border. Yeah, that’s probably what it indicates.

1 Like

Still living here…not a lot has changed. Most people who work in Spokane but live in Cd’A are, as always, just treating it like they are the same town.

The only exception is that the WA people who are coming over to ID to recreate outdoors are getting told to go home.

Regardless of pact…Idaho still has until June 13th before everything is reopened. Assuming all goes as planned and there is no spike in cases.

Southern Idaho had some pockets of cases which caused some concern initially (Sun Valley, likely due to the large influx of seasonal skiers who tend to travel a lot) but it doesn’t seem to be nearly as effected as other areas.

1 Like

Brotherhood of Steel. It’s from the Fallout games.

2 Likes

That was my first thought as well. Too bad you beat me to posting a Panem map.

Pick a lane, Colorado!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.