๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ If it wasn't for Canada ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ

If Canada hadnโ€™t legalized same-sex marriage over a decade ago, leading to American same-sex couples getting married in Canada and returning to challenge several state governments in court for recognition, America likely wouldnโ€™t have same-sex marriage today.

22 Likes

What would Dudley Do?

12 Likes

I wouldnโ€™t have had my one time traveling attempt to assassinate Hitler thwarted by Prime Minister Mackenzie King.

5 Likes

American toddlers wouldnโ€™t have an inferiority complexโ€ฆ

25 Likes

The โ€œFive Eyesโ€ alliance between the intelligence agencies of the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK, would be known as โ€œFour Eyes.โ€

18 Likes

Do you have more info on this marvelous distinction?

5 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada, we wouldnโ€™t have one of our finest science fiction captains:

19 Likes

Nope. It made the rounds about a decade ago.

2 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada there would have been way fewer stoner metal-heads Randroids in my High School.

(Also there would have been way fewer cars blaring out Torontoโ€™s airport code in morse code in the parking lot.)

11 Likes

The Great Seal of the United States wouldnโ€™t have any North American competition for being the coolest:

25 Likes

10 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada weโ€™d have to call those evil geese something else.

15 Likes

What would bald eagles eat?

14 Likes

20 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada, we wouldโ€™ve had Captain Pike all along.

13 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada, we wouldnโ€™t have the Charlie Brown tv-specials.

ย 

ย 

Dolley Madison is fondly remembered for saving the portrait of Washington and (re)decorating the rebuilt Whitehouse after the invading hordes of wild, toque-clad Canuckistanis burnt it to the ground (and poured milk-bags over the smoking soil).

If not for her popularity, we would not have had Dolly Madison snack cakes, who were the first sponsor of the Charlie Brown tv specials[1].

8 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada, North Dakota would be known for its fishing industry.

8 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada, I would HAVE to make fun of Mexico and that would be racistโ€ฆ

9 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for Canada, freestyle curlers would not exist.

12 Likes

7 Likes