Marijuana pulled from man's nasal cavity 18 years after he snuck it into prison

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/marijuana-pulled-from-mans-n.html

2 Likes

Did he finally get to smoke the weed after though???

12 Likes

So I guess the type of people who forget about the pot capsule they jammed up their nose are the type of people who use a lot of pot and hatch a plan to continue to use it while incarcerated by hiding it in their nose? I can see the logic here.

4 Likes

I can’t event use a nettie pot.

How the hell do you shove a balloon up your nose and not just obsess about it being there until it is removed?

Now I am obsessing about an imaginary balloon up my nose and can’t forget it.

26 Likes

WORTH IT for the journal paper title reveal alone. Bra-vo!

12 Likes

Today I learned the word, “Rhinolith”!

13 Likes

You don’t usually see that kind of dedication in the stoner crowd, I’m impressed.

10 Likes

Well, he can’t say “I did not inhale!”

9 Likes

What a long, strange trip it’s been.

11 Likes

“Only users lose drugs”?

22 Likes

He might be Australian, but at least he didn’t hide it down under, if you know what I mean.

16 Likes

crowdclapping.gif

3 Likes

I see a book deal: The 18 Year Toke

5 Likes

The mirror title would be better: “Joint Out Of Nose.”

15 Likes

My brother bought some weed in high school that was so finely ground up he and his buddies decided to try and snort it.

They didn’t get high and were blowing their noses for a day or two to get it all out (in retrospect it might not have even been weed.)

I still sometimes obsess over a ball bearing I swallowed or inhaled when I was a seven (I was never sure which pipe it went down-- if I swallowed it no problem, if I inhaled it. . . is it still in there?)

6 Likes

I have snorted organic compounds and my mental model was that they were absorbed or handled by the body. But a big ball of rubber? It just seems like the feeling of it being there would persist and I know that rubber isn’t going to just disappear.

It could be in a lung. The internet is full of stories of adults finding out the toy they ingested as a kid was still there. But no idea how many of those are actually true of course. Have you ever had an MRI? I wonder what would happen in that situation. I imagine it would show up in a chest x-ray too.

4 Likes

My dentist told me I swallowed a gold dental crown that the dental assistant accidentally dropped down my gullet while I was so anesthetized that I couldn’t feel it go down. Surprisingly he said there was nothing to be worried about and that patients had swallowed loose crowns in the past with no ill effects.

5 Likes

I sort of sincerely hope the smugglers learn what kind of balloon he used. I have never had a ballon last more than a week or so before bursting.

1 Like

That seems reasonable as there is a built in exit for things swallowed. It’s the other places like sinuses and lungs that could be problematic (IANAD).

3 Likes

Gold is about the most biocompatible metal that’s readily available. Even decades in stomach acid won’t touch it.

5 Likes