Marjorie Taylor Green humiliated at Twitter hearing

Yes. That’s my point.

3 Likes

No disagreement. I’d only add that one doesn’t need to understand Robert’s Rule or Sturgis to be polite and not interrupt.

5 Likes

If only they had some kind of guidebooks for new members…

https://www.congressfoundation.org/congressional-operations/new-member-resource-center

5 Likes

I hope she never actually ends up in a courthouse with an actual judge and jury. The “Well, they mentioned my name so I have a right to interrupt!” argument might wind her up with contempt.

7 Likes

How fucking awesome was it that they did that?

25 Likes

Disney Good Luck GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+

6 Likes

Also, as if literally half the right wing dude bros haven’t learned all their “debate skills” from their HS debate club… :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

A million times awesome…

10 Likes

Jealous! We’re just a few miles away. We’d been in Hoyer’s district since we moved here (20!? years ago), until we recently got redrawn into the 4th.

2 Likes

Have you seen Ted Cruz’s “glowing” praise about his debating skills on his Wikipedia page? I think some editor is on the grift.

10 Likes

Those are shit-poor debate skills, then. Actual debaters know you need real evidence to get points and interrupting your opponent will deduct speaker points or even cause you to forfeit.

(Sorry, I just hate the comparison. None of what these shitweasels do would be advantageous in a debate competition, and most would be a negative.)

17 Likes

No, but they like to pretend that their “debating” is straight up logical and rationality of debate club…

11 Likes

So it’s more of a high school debate cosplay than actual high school debate? Because the high school debaters I know would wipe the floor with these assholes in a scored debate. The debate judge in my family would kick them out on the third interruption.

15 Likes

Never antagonize the Gazpacho Police. Because revenge is a dish best served cold.

24 Likes

Sure. Like many other things they cosplay, that’s probably what they’re doing. They also like to pretend that they are the champions of “science” and “rationality” and “logic”…

12 Likes

:confused:

5 Likes

Did Kellyanne Conway set precedent in both categories, or does anyone know of someone earlier than that – in both categories?

kellyanne conway the hatch act GIF

12 Likes

I preferred it on Bubble…

18 Likes

He’s being treated for cancer, I believe.

5 Likes

The “Great Communicator”?

6 Likes