Marjorie Taylor Greene pushes "Separated States of America" fantasy with dystopian detail (video)

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene pushes "Separated States of America" fantasy with dystopian detail (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Rhino Poop GIFs | Tenor

37 Likes

To avoid repetition of how this fascist separatist fantasy is impossible without bloodshed, violence and genocide, please refer to this topic.

tl;dr: doesn’t work on an economic basis, on a Constitutional basis, on an electoral basis, on any practical basis. Non-binding resolutions != concrete political outcomes. Deranged Nazi clowns have no case to be made unless they’re pointing an AR-15 directly at you (which is why we can’t just ignore them).

38 Likes

Robert E. Lee’s descendant (a reverend) named… Rev. Robert E. Lee, is calling out MTG for the traitor (to the Constitution) that she is.

TMZ link

REV. ROBERT W. LEE Slams MTG Call For ‘National Divorce’ … You’re a Traitor!!!
One of the descendants of Confederate General Robert E. Lee is blasting Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene for suggesting red and blue states separate … telling us her idea is “nothing short of treason.”

will this slow down her socially destructive shouts one whit, or cost her appointment to critical House committee appointments? nahhhh.

30 Likes

So she’s simultaneously saying red states get to do what they want, while she’s also dictating how blue states have to run things?

Oh yeah, blue states will totally vote for that. /s

She really needs to go on a forum where the interviewer throws her tough questions to illustrate how simple-minded the plan is. She won’t of course.

31 Likes

Red voters over here… blue voters do these things… sex toys by children’s toothbrushes…

16 Likes

I mean, ultimately this is all secessionist bullshit that should get her kicked out of Congress under 14Asec3.

40 Likes

Does she think that she’d still have her federal job in that fantasy world?

17 Likes

She’s such an original thinker, this one. Why do Republicans keep gerrymandering districts and making up stories about stolen elections when they could just make it illegal for Democrats to vote? Those are the kind of fresh ideas Republicans need in order to turn back the tide of Blue Staters seeking refuge from Democratic policies by moving to Red States, but still wanting to bring those Blue State policies along with them for some reason. Too bad that her own state turned Blue in the last election, so she’ll have to figure out another way to enforce Republican-only voting rules there, she’ll figure it out though, just wait.

20 Likes

She / they are pushing a ridiculous but dangerous fantasy. The GOP/GQP has been soaking in their own deluded b.s. for too long.

13 Likes

I’d like to see her go up against Philomena Cunk

28 Likes

The fucking gall to say that “maybe you can’t vote for 5 years” and then say you’re “I’m a big believer in freedom”.

19 Likes

I don’t believe people enjoy standing up much less for Shakespeare.

10 Likes

8 Likes

She is. For her to oppress others…

22 Likes

4 Likes

You’re a fan of piles of dead bodies? Cause that’s what the fucking outcome of this would be.

6 Likes

Replying to OWYAC re: Cunk interviewing MTG. NOT MTG’s treason-ing.

Unless you think Philomena brought body bags for her interview. =)

8 Likes

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

D’oh! My very bad! I missed the part where you were replying to @OWYAC. We’re in agreement there!

12 Likes

Fuckin’ A.

13 Likes