Marjorie Taylor Greene and her absurd "girls bathroom" attack on Pete Buttigieg

“a good father kills his wife, castrates his sons, and rapes his daughters and when nothing but death exists around him he finally can kill that weak bleeding christ and usurp God to be the master of the world.”

To me, that seems to be the gist of the new “christian nationalist” faith. And I see precious few Christians standing up against it to protect the values they love to talk about, which makes me more than a little disgusted with the lot of them. To me if your religion doesn’t give you the morality to turn away from evil that readily apparent, both your religion and your morality are lacking.

I suppose in an ironic way that means I had more faith in other people’s sincerity than I thought I did, which is sad.

9 Likes

Pretty sure that there are a lot of current GOP folks who are in complete denial that McCarthyism was a bad thing…

Probably something along the lines of “it’s because they stopped Joseph McCarthy that we 're dealing with so many communist libruls and had (not going to say it) president Obummer!”

Those who don’t learn from history something something…

4 Likes

Why go through the complications of being trans just do something cis-het guys do everyday? Girls are attacked in the bathrooms at school fairly often and none of those guys was claiming to be trans (that I’ve heard of)

1 Like

She serves a purpose. Fascists need an available army of disaffected, frustrated, confused, aggravated people who can been convinced that they as a group have been victimized.
January 6th was a preview of their objective, and perhaps a preliminary test to gauge how effective they have been. Greene, Boebert, Palin and many others are among the lawmakers and “conservative” “news” celebrities tasked with and paid to maintain the continuous level of agitation required. The scriptwriters and their financial backers are the ones who truly need to be silenced.

1 Like

This line of thinking is so common amongst transphobes. According to them, predatory men transition to be able to attack women in bathrooms or jails, or to win at sport or whatever imaginary scenario the 'phobes can come up with… Like hell they do.

Transition is hard, exposes you to discrimination and abuse, causes physical and mental changes that if you’re cis will mess you right the heck up. I should know, I lived with dysphoria for decades. Why do that when you can just walk into the bathroom or cheat or whatever? It makes no sense if you stop to think for a minute, but they’re so blinded by hate they never actually do stop to think.

12 Likes

I’d go with ball peen hammers. Claw hammers are sharp if you look at them from the right angle and she’s dull the whole way ‘round.

8 Likes

14 Likes

I think transferring a real fear women face (getting raped in or around a bathroom or at least perved on there) from the real aggressor (straight men who assault and harass women) onto a scapegoat who they want to see harmed (trans women) is the how and why.

Using one group’s oppressive fear to do harm to a less powerful group is what fascism is all about, right?

In this way men who rape women are the friends and allies of women like MTG, helping keep women under control and in fear, all while getting to pretend they are protecting women by scapegoating a targeted minority.

That way women will keep getting raped, trans women will keep getting killed, and the underlying power structure that enables this will remain unchallenged (the real goal).

17 Likes

Nailed it, TornPaperNapkin…

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.