Marjorie Taylor Greene folds the fringe into the center, presiding over the House again (video)

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene folds the fringe into the center, presiding over the House again (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

I still don’t get it. Why aren’t all the more-qualified (as in, “at least marginally less unqualified”) Republicans pissed off about continuously being passed over in favor of this lunatic?

14 Likes

As Carla noted, it’s about normalising the far right. They all seem to be on board with that as the priority. I suppose some of them are hoping she does something so egregious that they’ll look good in comparison but it would be a forlorn hope. That coward McCarthy will keep handing the gavel to her no matter what until he feels he can safely say he’s paid her back (more confirmation that he’s a dummy).

10 Likes

Series not to be confused with Anna Torv’s. (just in case someone speedread fringe)

2 Likes

I’m sure they are, but the party will threaten to pull funding for them in their next election if they complain. The stranglehold on the party from the far right is largely tied to their fund-raising ability.

3 Likes

When I think of staunch adherents to the rules of order, and preservation of decorum, I only think of three letters - KKK… I mean, MTG

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.