Speaker Pelosi baffled the GOP is forcing Congress to act on their QAnon conspiracy theorist MTG

Originally published at: Speaker Pelosi baffled the GOP is forcing Congress to act on their QAnon conspiracy theorist MTG | Boing Boing

14 Likes

“… oh, and she called for my execution, not that it would matter to any of you heartless cretins.”

26 Likes

LBJ evidently had to work to get people to start calling him that because he thought that it was cool that FDR and JFK were called what they were called.

4 Likes

Democrats need to keep hammering on the fact that Republicans are supporting talk of violence, and even accepting ACTUAL violence that occurred in their very chambers.

Every chance they get they should also remind everyone that Donald Trump himself instigated the violence on Jan. 6th.

Don’t let America’s legendary short attention span get away with it.

What exactly do they think the guy with the zip-tie cuffs was going to do if he caught anyone in the Senate, threaten them and nothing else?

31 Likes

The media needs to stop pretending there are two sides. There has to be a reckoning for bad-faith conspiracy mongering. It’s not a case of calling politicians hypocrites or whatever, but of directly connecting lies to violence.

26 Likes

Democrats need to hammer (and investigate) the fact that several GOP members of congress appear to have been involved.

These people aren’t just making excuses, or hand waving some other group that did the thing.

29 Likes

How long has Nancy been dealing with Republicans again? The GOP’s bad-faith behaviour and indulgence of right-wing extremists isn’t new or surprising. Credit for her to finally realising it, I guess.

17 Likes

It only took several decades.

17 Likes

The dems are currently thinking about establishing a committee that may look into the possibility of drafting a non-binding resolution on this very topic.

16 Likes

You can NOT shame / humiliate the TGQP/Nazis into submission, they just don’t give a f#ck. We have to use every legal means at our disposal to rid our Republic of this/these scum. Keep the heat on your Reps in DC, they will act only if we stand together. Mid-Terms right around the corner America!

This came over my desktop for a timely addition…

33 Likes

metastasized

Yeah, as if anyone willing to be in politics would even know what that word means.

2 Likes

Unsurprisingly, every single Republican member of the House thinks it was totally fine for her to have those committee assignments, given to her by the House GOP leadership.

They own this.

28 Likes

And are on record as doing so, so at least there’s that.

It certainly doesn’t bode well for passing any legislation or motions that require more than a simple senate majority.

I still can’t get over just how bad/evil these people are. Things are still a wee bit fucked up.

14 Likes

Meanwhile, in Canada Erin O’Toole won the Conservative party leadership by pandering to the far-right during the leadership race and then once he won leadership immediately pivoted to the center because he actually wants to be elected. That includes kicking out people far tamer than nutcase Marj.

4 Likes

Yeah, let’s reserve the cool three letter nicknames for people like MLK and AOC

11 Likes

Not only that, but MTG already has a decades-long definition: “Magic: The Gathering”. It’s unnecessarily confusing.

15 Likes

Yes, but they won’t pay a cost for it. Most representatives have “safe” districts, and the chief election concern for a Republican is being primaried from the right.

Kevin McCarthy could have stripped her committee assignments, but much easier to let Pelosi do his dirty work. Coward.

16 Likes

Time to expel all these contrarians. Let the GOP scream and whine about it.

5 Likes

I suspect the Republicans secretly wanted her gone, but they wanted the Democrats to be the ones to remove her because they’re all irredeemably evil craven shitheads who can’t bear the idea of losing even a single racist conspiracy theorist’s vote by taking a stand against one of their own.

18 Likes

Most three letter initialisms have an existing conflict.

I’m hoping that the representative in question won’t be around long enough for it to matter. Two years at the most. Then she can climb back down her Q hole and never be seen again.

2 Likes