Karl Rove on the subject of Marjorie Taylor Greene: 'She is a problem for our party'

Originally published at: Karl Rove on the subject of Marjorie Taylor Greene: 'She is a problem for our party' | Boing Boing

11 Likes

You guys made that bed and now you have to sleep in it. Yes, i’m talking about Fox News also.

40 Likes

Karl Rove was never a problem though?

19 Likes

Frankly this is still a weak response. He should be joining the calls to expel Greene from Congress entirely, or at least calling for her to resign voluntarily.

Instead he’s just saying “don’t give her any important committee positions, but allow her to remain in the legislature for at least two years while hoping that the idiots who voted her into office don’t do so again.”

28 Likes

Exactly. A real solution would be to replace her but they won’t risk losing an R seat. If any one has doubts about the 50 state strategy or contesting every seat, this should dispel them.

12 Likes

Rove was a destructive and divisive force for the country, but he knew how to unify his party toward a common purpose. He doesn’t have a problem with Greene because she’s hurting America, he has a problem with her because she’s hurting the prospects of the GOP.

38 Likes

Marjorie Taylor Greene isn’t a problem for the GOP.

She IS the GOP.

32 Likes

Man, when the guy who expressed dripping contempt for the “reality-based community” thinks someone is irrationally destructive, we’re very far into the Kingdom of Crazy.

25 Likes

Frankly, I think it’s mostly jealousy.

15 Likes

Hard to believe there’s some line in the realm of realpolitik that Rove won’t cross, but I guess even a canned ham knows that she represents violence and not much else. “That way madness lies.”

3 Likes

Yep. She’s not the only fascist nutjob in the party, just currently the loudest and nuttiest. And the party knows that she’s not an outlier.

7 Likes

That’s the key. “I don’t care if she hurts you, but she is hurting us!”

14 Likes

I can’t believe I’m saying this, I feel honestly dirty, but I agree with Rove.

I’m going to have to take 10 showers to get rid of that feeling

6 Likes

My follow up question would have been asking him how he felt about his neocon politics and winning at any cost caused this and what he would have done differently to prevent this radicalization of the republican party.

4 Likes

Compare (and contrast) Rove’s criticism of Greene accepting distorted realities to this quote widely attributed to Rove (c2004):

“[those people are] in what we call the reality-based community,” … [those who] believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality." … That’s not the way the world really works anymore. We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do." [one source]

So the old republican guard (that is, betwixt Reagan and Trump), are shocked shocked that the younger republicans are taking their game-plans and running with them to a land of somewhat more overt violence. That is, domestic violence - the Iraq war notwithstanding -sigh-

19 Likes

She is a problem for their party, & Trump is the same problem for their party. The only way to solve it is to impeach Trump, & oust Greene.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s never going to happen, and you can probably imagine why.

They need to cut their losses. Before the losses cut them.

3 Likes

TREY GOWDY!! I’ve been trying to figure out who dollar-store Anderson Cooper was. I’ve been seeing his face all over the place on Twitter, but never captioned. Buddy is the Robert Cop of anchors.

2 Likes

Can they not kick her out of the party? That way, she’s not getting any money from them (she shouldn’t need any, though. Her own bootstraps, etc.) It’s not like she’s likely to vote for anything the Democrats are going to put forward anyway, so it’s not like they’d be losing her vote.