Speaker Pelosi baffled the GOP is forcing Congress to act on their QAnon conspiracy theorist MTG

I don’t know if he’s that much tamer.

3 Likes

Erin O’Toole, fitting last name, got a little tamer. This is the guy he kicked out.

ETA: Oops, sorry. I misunderstood things.

2 Likes

Well, not just conspiracies. The media is happy to report “Sen. Joe McCarthy asked ‘why hasn’t Joe Schmo denied the accusations that he is a communist?’” without any effort to add qualifiers, like the fact that Joe McCarthy is the only one making the accusations, and that so far McCarthy has provided no evidence.

Trump was an expert at getting people to believe something without evidence and the media just kept repeating what he said without context or challenge. “A lot of people are saying…” is code for “I want a lot of people to start saying.”

7 Likes

The biggest gripe I have with the whole MTG situation is how many right wing dorks like the current House Minority Leader keeps insisting that AOC is equally as bad as MTG when all AOC has done is ask for leftist policies (by US standards). AOC hasn’t posted any kind of new age garbage or worse. AOC hasn’t accused Jews of any wrong for being Jews. And AOC certainly hasn’t called for the prosecution of the opposition. I’d say AOC is pretty damn tepid by comparison to MTG who’s done all the things I’ve mentioned that AOC hadn’t done. So I’m baffled by this shit to the point that I’m just having a headache considering it.

20 Likes

Create your own reality. Insist on it. Sell it to your base.

That’s pretty much the entire gop strategy.

15 Likes

Shit, those are my son’s initials

3 Likes

Until a law is passed at the federal level banning gerrymandering.

7 Likes

And, in false equivalency/revenge news, the GOPers are trying to get Ilhan Omar thrown off her committee assignments.

7 Likes

I notice her exasperation is palpable, sort of like Jim McAllister’s dynamic with Tracy Flick in Election.

4 Likes

Yep, now that they’re not in power they’re just going to gum up the works and try to fuck everything up wherever they can. Come to think of it, it’s not much different when they are in power.

13 Likes

I don’t understand why she doesn’t REQUIRE that everyone pass thru those metal detectors before they can enter the House. Issuing fines won’t cut it. Otherwise, it won’t surprise me a bit when one of the loons lets loose with a pistol.
Similarly, she should require & ENFORCE the proper wearing of masks. Cover that snout, people, or get whisked away by the Sgt @ Arms.

I don’t think she realizes that she is dealing with Fascists…

EDIT: tyop

5 Likes

The House of Representatives’ vote came out 230-199, with eleven Republicans choosing to join Democrats in voting to strip Greene of her committee assignments. Before the vote, a number of Democrats spoke, including Rep. Ilhan Omar, who delivered an impassioned speech about the broader threats represented by Greene, saying:

“This is about whether it is acceptable to cheer on and encourage an insurrection against our basic democratic process. This is about whether it is okay to demand members swear in on a bible of a religion they do not practice. This is about whether it is okay to hold an assault rifle next to members’ heads in a campaign ad and incite death threats against them. This is about whether it is okay to encourage the murder of the speaker of the house. As a survivor of civil conflict and civil war, I know political violence and political rhetoric does not go away on its own. This is about whether or not we will continue to be a peaceful and functioning democracy.

8 Likes

I read this whole scenario as “I honestly didn’t care enough to do more than write a sternly worded letter until they came knocking for me… Now it’s a problem.”

Nancy can go Unfuck herself. We need a complete purge/restructuring of the Repubs, but we’d do well to do some heavy work on the Dems as well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.