Marjorie Taylor Greene hammers her already broken party, wants "Civil War in the GOP" (video)

At this point I’m not sure whether she thinks “voter fraud” is actual fraud in some zero-evidence conspiracy theory or if her dimwitted idea of “fraud” is just “making it easier for people I don’t like to exercise their right to vote”.

As an aside, I think we can pretty well assume that MTG is going to murder or attempt to murder someone eventually. She’s so bloodthirsty I’m surprised it wasn’t her trying to bash Pelosi with a hammer. Let’s just hope it happens in a way that gets her locked up where she belongs for being a menace to society, instead of with an equally murderous fascist government backing her.

4 Likes

Well, you know what they say about knife fights: the loser dies in the street, the winner dies in the ambulance.

5 Likes

Just be careful Greene; there’s a reason why no human living has witnessed Mitch McConnell’s final form.

6 Likes

Put it in the pile with all the other violations.

3 Likes

Oh you know, do stuff like… pass legislation to help Americans? Healthcare reform? Close tax loopholes for billionaires? Pass some election reform to repair the past 6 years of Republican erosion?

Maybe get the voter base excited about the Democratic Party instead of only acknowledging the voters every couple of years and constantly hitting us up for money. Beats me how to do this, but actually working on policy that helps voters more than it does donors and lobbyists?

I’m not a Democrat nor a political wonk, so maybe that kind of thing is simply impossible even with sizable gains in Congress?

6 Likes

Gamera_2015_NYCC

3 Likes

Democrats did NOT make sizable gains in Congress. They might pick up one seat in the Senate, if Warnock wins the runoff in Georgia. 51 votes is not enough to break a filibuster. You need 60. In the House, Democrats lost seats, and will likely lose the majority, handing control of the House to the GOP. The reason everyone is acting like this midterm was a victory for the Democrats is that, going by historical precedent and polling, the GOP should have picked up 50ish seats in the House and gained control of the Senate. The pundits on both sides were predicting a red wave. That did not happen. Democrats largely held ground. Regardless, the truth is that they will have more difficulty passing legislation now than they did the last two years. I know it’s boring to keep hearing this, but if you want things to actually change, you gotta keep voting. Democrats need massive gains, not just holding ground, in order to pass truly progressive legislation that will help people. We need a comfortable majority in the House, and we need 60 seats in the Senate. And we need state legislatures, too. So you gotta keep voting in state and local elections.

8 Likes

This. Repubs figured out years ago the importance of local elections. Dems pretty much ignored them, ceding that power to the right, allowing gerrymandering and local voter suppression to move ahead. We need to take that power back. 2022 was a start, but it is far from done, and it will require a buttload of work in very unglamorous races to make it happen.

9 Likes

We’re going to need more carts!

buttload (plural buttloads) (obsolete, UK, West Country) A regional English measure of capacity of a heavy cart (a butt), containing 6 seams, or 48 bushels, equivalent to 384 gallons.

4 Likes

Run a special edition of “GOP Survivor” hosted by Jeff Probst. In the middle of night 1, evacuate the cast and crew from the island leaving only automated cameras to watch as the castaways turn on each other. Air the rest of the episodes as pay-per-view.

BTW Marjorie, in war there are usually casualties. If you start one, may your political career and the careers of your fellow Trump cultists be the only casualties.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.