Marjorie Taylor Greene on hospital overcrowding: "We can’t live forever"

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s a darker reality than I was willing to imagine, but closer to truth.

3 Likes

And weirdly if this were a true scenario, her ass would still be more pleasant and less offensive than the other end of her digestive tract. (and would spew out less shit…)

I don’t think the head of that hospital agrees with her 30% thing.

6 Likes

“Our breaking point in beds and staff, at ICU, again I’ve got people out with COVID, people who have left the profession,” Smith said. “They’re angry, they’re angry, they’re taking care of them, they’re being professional, but they’re angry that people have put us into that particular situation.”

I’m spitballing here, but the White Privilege among the infected is apparent here, where the folks think the medical cavalry will come to their rescue the same way the police would in a Karen situation.

15 Likes

I think that is why a lot of the focus on the Republican side is shifting away more and more from ‘Covid is a election year hoax’ to ‘Covid is a Fauci/Chinese conspiracy’. They didn’t get vaccinated and now they are dying so the only thing left is to blame someone besides themselves.

I think it will make them far more dangerous, long term. It isn’t just a laughable political ploy anymore to them, they are now feeling that their lives are threatened by their delusions, like the whole pizzagate thing.

8 Likes

Jesus, that’s awful. And not uncommon a story. The impact on racism in health care - the presumption of drug-seeking, withholding care, but even more commonly, providing sub-standard care - is egregious. (And demonstrable, from day one - the appallingly high Black infant mortality rate is halved when the doctor is also Black, for instance.)

7 Likes

You saw the WH presser where Faux News asked “Doesn’t Biddn bear responsibility for our viewers not getting vaccinated?” This is their new goalposts position.

11 Likes

In Texas, Abbott and his cronies are pushing the false narrative that COVID19 cases are getting so high because of transmission from immigrants.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.