Marjorie Taylor Greene now calling vax requirements "segregation"

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene now calling vax requirements "segregation" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

58 Likes

tumblr_698d0167cae16be523e80a4177e65a96_3c71229e_500

55 Likes

“Furthermore, those restroom signs that say ‘Employees Must Wash Hands’ are basically the same thing as the Rape of Nanking!”

58 Likes

Someone wanna let her know about typhoid mary:

or tuberculosis protocols:

26 Likes

One would hope that a legislator would have some small knowledge of the law in an area she’s pontificating about.

Race based government actions require the higher level of review. A compelling government interest, the strict scrutiny standard and having your actions narrowly tailored to achieve your goal.

Something like this doesn’t even require intermediate scrutiny- just a rational basis.

I know- she has no relationship with rationality.

28 Likes

“Run . . . the devils are coming . . . to make you wash your hands.”

She knows exactly what she’s doing.

22 Likes

I suspect this may be true. But (all obvious broad brush answers aside) why? What specifically is her personal objective in doing all this?

10 Likes

I note that she still hasn’t been expelled from or censured by the GOP establishment. Probably because they’ve accepted that their future depends on the death cult that’s taken over their party.

27 Likes

“Wash them all; God will know His own!”

6 Likes

I don’t know what it is with conservative idiots all talking about how they’d be allowed in restaurants if they had sexually transmitted diseases. I mean, if you’re spreading a sexually transmitted disease in a restaurant, that’s its own problem…

They also seem to like bringing up ebola - that they’d be allowed in a restaurant with ebola - which is also totally absurd because ebola patients are strictly quarantined, effectively imprisoned because they’re a risk to others. So what, exactly, are they trying to argue by bringing that up - besides proving what idiots they are?

Yet she fails to have any small knowledge, period. She completely fails to rise over even the lowest possible bar. I’ve never heard her speak on any subject at all without showing her profound ignorance.

24 Likes

Mary Malton spent more than half her life in quarantine.

8 Likes

I assume it is to keep stirring up hate for the dems. Hate for the dems makes people more likely to vote R.

6 Likes

I think part of the motivation for likening vaccination status “discrimination” to discrimination based on race/religion/sexuality is that they get to cry “both sides!” whenever they get called out for their own bigotry.

22 Likes

I’d say that is a risky strategy - at some point it has to be asked if she is pissing off more Reps than she is impressing. But perhaps I am naive in that respect.

1 Like

Are you looking for something more specific than supporting white supremacy?
By minimizing the consequences of segregation while claiming to be the real victim, she simultaneously obfuscates the horrible history of white supremacy while engraining the mindset that anything other than her people getting to control society is oppression that must be fought.

This isn’t ignorance in the normal sense, but it is an intentional effort to distort history to make the oppressor look the victim to garner sympathy and support for white supremacists

23 Likes

Absolutely!

Because she PERSISTED in working as a cook, by which she exposed others to the disease, she was twice forcibly quarantined by authorities, eventually for the final two decades of her life. Mallon died after a total of nearly 30 years in isolation.

13 Likes

I get the ‘minimising segregation’ angle in this example, but by “all this” I meant more generally - assuming she does all this (all the shit she spews) for some overall personal objective, it is not entirely obvious what her long game is. Perhaps she does not have one and just wants attention.

3 Likes

Tell me you’re privileged and have never experienced oppression without saying you’re privileged and have never experienced oppression…

13 Likes
20 Likes