Marjorie Taylor Greene says FBI has been hiding a laptop computer since 1957

Ahem:

Y’all have “fun.”

5 Likes

Let’s assume this is true for a moment-- it’s perfect for MTG and her ilk.

The implied data in the supposed laptop is better conspiracy fuel than anything that could actually be in it. They can claim it has all kinds of crap-- sex tapes, proof of connections between DEMs and China, etc etc etc. So for six more decades they can use it for whatever they need.

It’s unclear to me if this laptop even exists, only right wing sites seem to have ever reported on it.

EDIT:

All of this is wrong.

I thought MTG was talking about Hunter’s laptop. (Which the FBI has). She was talking about Seth Rich’s. (Which the FBI also has).

2 Likes

Now I’m super confused. I thought this is about Seth Rich’s laptop?

3 Likes

“Let’s do the time warp AGAIN!”.
(it’s just a jump to the left).

3 Likes

Oh right. Nevermind. Ugh. TOo many laptops. FBI’s got both tho

1 Like

preach christina aguilera GIF

14 Likes

From what I briefly gathered the FBI has files, probably meaning emails. This maybe implies they have the laptop, or that they had it at one point, OR they could have just gotten the emails from google or whoever Rich was using.

I tried to find some unbiased reporting on the laptop, but it seemed like nothing but right-wing sources repeating the same story (sometimes with the exact same phrasing). So naturally MTG will bring it up-- there are lots of stories that only get play in those circles and they’re usually of the “George Soros hiding Bill Clinton’s illegitimate alien love-child” variety.

Exactly this. We have to be extremely careful about getting facts straight before calling out conservatives on saying or doing something braindead, or it is going to backfire terribly.

We want to look like the smarter, more sensible people in the room, don’t we?

THIS STATEMENT MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Was not expecting this.

internet what GIF

Sometimes I wish Seth Rich’s family didn’t settle with FOX and instead just took them all the way through the cleaners.

It’s okay, Marge has Wray on her impeachment week list, she’ll fix him.

On Thursday morning, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) announced that she was filing articles of impeachment against the president, but he’s not the only one. She’s also filed impeachment articles against FBI Director Christopher Wray, Attorney General Merrick Garland, Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, and U.S. Attorney Matthew, as part of what she is calling Impeachment Week.

If you’re being sarcastic, this is hilarious. But it’s so hard to tell on the internet…

4 Likes

You slayed me with this! I laughed until I choked. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

I found this.

In fact, the lawyer of the plaintiff requesting documents from Seth Rich’s laptop claims that the FBI’s proposed production pace would take the agency 66 years to respond to his request for the documents. The FBI did not ask a judge to delay the laptop’s release for 66 years.

1 Like

And what difference does it make to them. If you have the most perfect argument that would win debate club, they will not want to oppress you LESS. These are fascists we’re talking about. They will not change their mind based on facts and logic. You’re not gonna “win them over” by being correct. That’s not how this works.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.