Marjorie Taylor Greene says she is "surprised" by her own ignorance (video)

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she is "surprised" by her own ignorance (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

So, like everyday with a cup of coffee in the Sporkfoot house.

11 Likes

MTG seems like the kind of intellect who still gets surprised every time she sees another person looking at her out of a bathroom mirror.

12 Likes

I’m not gonna dunk on her too hard for not knowing who some of the candidates are, because I myself don’t know who some of them are.

4 Likes

People aren’t dunking on her because she doesn’t know all the candidates. They’re dunking on her because she clearly could have learned all about the candidates if she’d actually made any effort to do so, but has instead chosen to draw attention to her own ignorance as if that ignorance was meaningful to the debate at hand.

18 Likes

shock jaw

5 Likes

Cut to a time when having a thorough Classical education and being able to understand Greek (for shit’s sake!) was required in Great Britain for anyone hoping to be a physician or to attain high office. I’m sure there were much fairer and directly relevant ways of identifying intelligence and perseverance… but fuck! When our own “filter” is busted and allows contamination like MTG, et al, to get through…

8 Likes

She doesn’t know who all the candidates are because she’s so busy with her important congressional committee work. Oh, wait…

6 Likes

No one expects you to. But, one WOULD expect a congressional representative to know of the people who are members of her party running for the highest office, especially when one of them is a governor. Pretending like she’s ignorant - and yes, she’s pretending as a way of being dismissive of these individuals by treating them as beneath her need to know - only served to remind everyone what a moron she is.

8 Likes

“They really don’t have a chance.” And neither does a certain peach from Georgia.

They don’t, she’s absolutely right about that, but picking her is exactly the type of tr0lling I could see TFG doing with his VP pick, so I wouldn’t count her out just yet.

4 Likes

I mean, her boy could have showed up and advocated for himself. If he’s a shoe in why does she need to advocate for him. A bunch of 3 year olds trying to get attention.

2 Likes

‘After the debate wrapped, a spirited Donald Trump Jr wandered through a small crowd of reporters’

Ah yes - ‘spirited’.

4 Likes

Is that like the guys that would wander around Daytona Beach during spring break handing coupons for free drinks at his bar?

6 Likes

For myself, her level of ignorance is no longer surprising at all. I would not be shocked if she forgot to breath.

3 Likes

The lad is e̶x̶c̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ concerned that his dad is going to prison, and realizes that he might be needed to be in charge of t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ coordinating his dad’s defense. And he still thinks he might be drafted to run if his dad is incarcerated, which would be a̶w̶e̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ a travesty of justice. Also he had a lot of cocaine to eat before and after dinner.

9 Likes

In MTG’s mind, she’s criticizing the candidates she wasn’t familiar with because her whole thing is constantly doing things to get media attention, and hyping and promoting herself. She learned that from Trump. So, because she didn’t know who these people are, that means they’re bad at publicity and hyping themselves and getting media attention. It’s just another indication that this is all just a game to most of the people on the right. It’s not real and none of it matters because nothing government does actually affects them in a negative way. This is just sports to them.

6 Likes

Taylor-Green needs to work on her promos; she is weak sauce.

2 Likes

it would be easy to say that madge is just an idiot for not knowing who all the GOP candidates are at the debate, but i think she is lying. she may not know much, but she seems pretty shrewd at playing the game of staying in the spotlight, regardless of topic. she has read the CV on all of them, and certainly knows more than a few of them to talk to. she has probably done a threat assessment on any that may have a chance to snake her out of being the orange f**kwad’s next VP. her ‘ignorance’ on this is just a game she is amusing herself with by playing. and she loves getting the clicks too.

2 Likes

tenor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.