Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Black people to be "proud" of statues of their treasonous enslavers

Maybe if the statue depicted a freed slave with his or her foot on the neck of one of these confederate generals traitors, perhaps.

22 Likes

14 Likes

… was a gift from France and it’s inspiration was the abolition of slavery and the Union’s victory in the Civil War in 1865.

33 Likes

I’d say that she’s just jealous of people whose labour is valuable enough to be worth stealing; but that would imply a level of self-awareness that I’m not sure she possesses.

7 Likes

It’s actually—it reveals your cosmopolitan bias to a shocking degree…

</s>

4 Likes

MTG: “We should keep the statues up and educate the children!”
Everyone: “So you agree we should educate the children about history?”
MTG: “No, that’s just ‘woke’ propaganda.”

Yeah, we know what you’re really getting at here, Empty.

19 Likes

I’m pretty sure she is breaking her oath, at the very least, by saying this. Will there be consequences? Probably not

12 Likes

She still has all her teeth. (either that, or has a good dentist…)

3 Likes

That’s their salient trait.

2 Likes

She and her sort are also happy to remind us that “poetry is not policy”

9 Likes

the main reasons for the tooth loss are poor nutrition, poor hygiene, and teeth grinding. things that are manageable if you’ve got a steady cash flow from things like a congressional salary, free pandemic money, and kickbacks.

17 Likes

I sit corrected; thank you!

5 Likes

Someone should have kicked back through the mail slot. :wink:

11 Likes

Or at least a Threestoogian double eye poke.

13 Likes

i’ve had loved ones who’ve struggled with addiction, and people who are habitual users but still high functioning can have their lives messed up in a lot ways that aren’t immediately obvious from the outside… i’d say, what we think of as the stereotype is a small part of the iceberg.

( to be clear. i’ve no sympathy for mtg. whatever the root of her problems, she clearly enjoys doubling down on them rather than trying to fix them. )

13 Likes

MTG is always effortlessly proud, because she’s incapable of feeling shame.

6 Likes

Fun, especially since she is “representing” a blue state. Of course, she doesn’t mean those people.

13 Likes

Are we sure she’s really from Georgia? I find it hard to believe. She literally has no idea what Black people think. Oh wait: I just checked out the population of Congressional District 14, GA which she represents and now I can believe it.

4 Likes

At the Texas statehouse there are multiple monuments, romanticizing and memorializing the brave men who fought and died for the rights of their rich neighbors to buy and sell children. Just insane.

13 Likes

Shockingly, there are actually Black people, Latinx people, gay people, trans people, and religious minorities who live in that district. It’s got a long and pretty violent history of voter suppression. I believe the most recent change to the district included the area where Leo Frank was lynched, for example.

Even there, it’s not so solidly red that no one there votes democratic. And lots of people don’t vote because of the history of the place.

15 Likes