Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Black people to be "proud" of statues of their treasonous enslavers

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene tells Black people to be "proud" of statues of their treasonous enslavers | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Traitors gonna treason.

35 Likes

Because I’d say Look how far I have come in this country. Look how far my people have what they have overcome.

Oh, great. You can be a better Black person by participating in the Existence Olympics. :man_shrugging:

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

36 Likes

But you can be the BEST Black person by being a privileged, history-averse white woman speaking for an entire demographic you have no connection to! Who knew?

(HUGE /S)

40 Likes

She’s babbling quite a bit today about Biden in Ukraine and releasing video from the Capitol riots to Tucker but there was also this.

She’s in top wackadoodle form today.

25 Likes

Or, as Empty Gee would put it, “Traitors gonna trait.”

17 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible for someone to behave more horribly (while remaining within the bounds of legality) if one tried.

15 Likes

Says a person who never learned from history. Probably failed math too.

29 Likes

she is so proud of that history she wants to repeat it

19 Likes

Not so sure she failed meth.

ohh, math, nm.

30 Likes

Am I having deja vu? I am sure that I have read this same tweet months ago.

Is EmptyBot malfunctioning?

15 Likes

But she and her sort are perfectly happy to ignore our most famous statue telling us to “give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”.

22 Likes

Well, in fairness she’s not telling them to be proud of the statues, but to be proud of themselves. Which is a little different.

There’s still all kinds of things wrong with her tone-deaf suggestion, but it’s a different kind of wrong and the BB headline misses the mark slightly.

The closest analogy I can think of to MTG’s suggestion would be if you hung framed pictures of everyone who was an asshole to you in high school on your bedroom wall. There’s a reason why no sane person does such a thing.

Also her “learn from history” homily rings a little false when all her colleagues are falling over themselves to ban the parts of history that they don’t like. “Learn from history – no, no, not that history! This history. Which we wrote to make ourselves look good.”

19 Likes

Ask her how she felt about the Baphomet statue at the Arkansas State Capital?

23 Likes

STFU, Empty Greene.

30 Likes

I have an idea I think EmptyG can get behind. Let’s create a new statue of Robert E Lee. He’s hanging his head in shame with his hands tied behind his back, while two soldiers from the 54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment stand pointing bayonets at him.*

A beautiful celebration of history and “culture.” I’m sure she’ll sponsor a bill to get Federal funding for it.

(*Not intended to be 100% historically accurate.)

26 Likes

Alternatively, we could put a Sherman’s Necktie in the middle of every town and city in the South to remind Confederate cosplayers what happens when they fuck around.

26 Likes

Since the modern GOP, unlike their confederate ancestors, don’t understand the value of well maintained and functional infrastructure I think the point would be lost on them.

13 Likes

By her own logic she should be extremely proud to see the empty pedestals where those statues used to stand.

Look how far we’ve come.

31 Likes

40 Likes