Marjorie Taylor Greene wants to end the separation of church and state

Imagine how awful our lives would be were she the next GOP Press Secretary.

5 Likes

Oh wait you mean she is not that already?!?

8 Likes

That moment when she closes her eyes…she’s drunk on it. :man_shrugging:

Here’s a page with the breakdown of demographics…

8 Likes

This lot hate iran, but I bet they secretly admire how they’ve been able to impose their religion on the country. But they probably like the Saudis more, especially since their religious oppression does not make nearly as much news here as Iran’s does, since we’re allies with the Saudis.

8 Likes

" Marjorie Taylor Greene wants"

Oh! I used to love Mad Libs!! Let’s see. Probably a noun.

“Marjorie Taylor Green wants orangutans . . . .”

8 Likes

The Church of England was always entrenched in the English (and later British) government. The monarch is the head of the Church, although running it is left to the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Then there is this lot.

8 Likes

Also being able to assassinate journalists WITH A BONESAW on private property and nobody does a damn thing about it.

14 Likes

Would Marjorie Taylor Greene find herself serving as a Handmaid in the regime she thinks she wants to create? Or does she picture herself as Aunt Marjorie?

Would she even get to make that choice for herself, in such a scenario?

3 Likes

ha ha!! as if!

7 Likes

I think also that for the average GQP member what Pope Francis says (and Pope Benedict said, and I’m going to stretch back to Pope Paul) isn’t what they normally like. Maybe on abortion, but surely not for immigrant and poor people.

5 Likes

In my attempt to imagine church=state scenarios in the U.S., I was trying to imagine how MTG and her ilk would remove or replace institutions like… voting, the three branches of federal government, the mechanics of how government power would be allocated, etc.

The policy stuff is related to all that but I was running various counterfactuals in my head trying to understand–if that is even possible of MTG–what this woman claims to want.

3 Likes

Our Constitution was founded by Christian men…who knew the right things to do…

…like putting the separation of church and state in the first amendment.

10 Likes

True even though I’m not sure whether you’re referring to the Constitution of the United States or the Holy Bible. Her ignorance is multifaceted.

12 Likes

She can try all she like, but it’s clear they are pushing the remnants of a fading religion, and the harder they try, the faster people seem to be shedding Christianity for anything else. The time to have made us a Christian theocracy was the 1950’s, when they got “Under God” added to so much crap in our country. They are seventy years too late for that ship.

6 Likes

Well it was on the grounds of the consulate, so not really private property.

2 Likes

Are you under the mistaken impression that they actually read the Bible?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

14 Likes

/S

Season 4 GIF by Rick and Morty

5 Likes

I think you are going to have to go back to before Leo X, or maybe Alexander VI, to find one they do like.

3 Likes

There are seven states that have a ban on Atheists holding office in their constitutions. Though existing Supreme Court has judgements preventing them from being enforced, they remain on the books.

5 Likes