Marjorie Taylor Greene says "Satan's controlling the church" because Christians are helping migrants

Originally published at: Marjorie Taylor Greene says "Satan's controlling the church" because Christians are helping migrants | Boing Boing

18 Likes

42 Likes

These people always make Satan seem like such a stand-up guy.

46 Likes

Take That Back Jason Sudeikis GIF by Saturday Night Live

37 Likes

It’s oddly not inconsistent for a racist evangelical Protestant to hate on Catholics. They hate Catholics as much as they hate everyone else. I’m sure she’s in a book club for Chick Tracts.

26 Likes

Jesus is a brown Jewish refugee.

32 Likes

41 Likes

Republicans may say anything. Any hateful thing. Any lie. Anything. And never have to apologize unless they disparage other Republicans. Indeed, they are encouraged to come up with the most outrageous allegations against their opponents, and are rewarded for doing so.

Democrats must leave office in perpetual shame and shadow for the merest infraction of an ethical bar which does not apply in any way to the Republicans.

Do I have this right?

31 Likes

Margarine: she’s right in all the wrong ways.

Yes, we have a separation of church and state. No, it’s not to keep us from “helping migrants.” It’s to keep YOU from dictating you dipshittery all over the rest of us.

33 Likes

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

12 Likes

37 Likes

I hear her speak and I think of Kevin The Hail Satan Network sketch from Mr. Show - YouTube

4 Likes

Obligs:

giphy

fa25abde320aa065f9c15e4ede594c60

28 Likes

I actually tend to agree with Ms. Greene that Satan is controlling the Church, but I don’t think we mean it in quite the same fashion.

10 Likes

So, let me get this right, Satan is controlling the church because… Christians are acting like Christians are supposed to act?

Face Palm GIF

26 Likes

This is why I find the conservative Supreme Court Justices’ interest in eroding the separation of church and state so baffling. Take, for instance, the recent case about the coach who prayed on the 50 yard line. If they okay that, don’t Kavenaugh, Barret, Roberts, Alito and Thomas realize it will be carte blanche for discrimination against Catholics such as themselves? Do they somehow believe Catholics will be spared? Do they think the discrimination they can inflict will somehow cancel out the discrimination they will suffer?

It’s not like EmptyG and her ilk are hiding their hatred under a bushel basket…

13 Likes

They are theocrats.

They believe that they’ve created a coalition with the white evangelically movement and that the age of anti-catholic bigotry is past. They are wrong. But the goal they have is a theocracy.

21 Likes

It’s hard to count all the ways the Catholic Church has been on the wrong side of history but one thing the institution does have going for it is that it has been broadly supportive of welcoming and supporting immigrants for most of American history (not least because most American Catholics are descended from 19th- and 20th-Century immigrants).

15 Likes

Maybe they have never heard of the litany of “leopards eating people’s faces” memes? That’s the only way I can make sense of it. “As a religious minority with a history of being discriminated against, I fully approve of the right to discriminate against religious minorities who may disagree in some small way with you.”

“Wait! I never expected you to discriminate against ME!!”

17 Likes

Oh, indeed. A case of joining the Leopards Eating People’s Faces for Jesus party…

Edit: @docosc beat me to it.

9 Likes