Marjorie Taylor Greene's bigoted drive to detransition as many people as she can

I assume that she’s put some thought into how ‘detransition’ is going to be accomplished once ‘teaching trans healthcare’ has brain-drained medicine of anyone with knowledge of endocrinology, reconstructive medicine, psychology, and any other related techniques that are too applicable to trans patients to be allowed? I’d assume that physicians who are actually willing to do trans healthcare would not generally touch ‘forced detransition’; but it seems like there would be a certain symmetry in terms of the subject matter expertise required to do either competently.

Is everyone just going to get a ‘counselor’ from their local fundamentalist protestant hive structure and either a gym-rat 'roid bro or a beauty supplements vlogger; depending on Godly Correct Gender?

2 Likes

And risk sounding like a public education supporter?

They’ll just exempt clergy from false imprisonment charges, along with taxation, and let the matter get sorted out at arms’ length.

2 Likes

If you remove healthcare and access to hormone treatments then thousands of trans people of all ages would most likely suicide. So no, she didn’t need to think it through, she wants people like me and my trans brothers and sisters to take care of it for her.

Well, those that haven’t been killed by the mobs she and her fascist compatriots are currently baiting.

13 Likes

As the parent of an 18 year old transitioning child, Empty G makes me homicidally angry. My child was withdrawn, depressed and suicidal at 16. After accepting the person she always knew she was inside, she’s now much happier and looking forward to studying engineering when she graduates high school. She is Senior Class VP, President of the Robotics Club, creator and President of the Gardening Club, plays clarinet, bass clarinet, euphonium, trombone and sousaphone, and is a National Honor Society member. How does my child’s gender identification affect anyone else in any way, shape, or form? What do they care?
I don’t fully understand her transition and do you know what? It doesn’t effing matter! I’m not her, she is. What is wrong with these people?

17 Likes

She sounds like an awesome kid, thank you for being there for her :hugs:

11 Likes

Your daughter sounds wonderful! She’s lucky to have a supportive parent like you in her corner.

But yeah, I don’t have a trans kid (though my BFF does, plus I have trans friends), and I agree about how much that woman enrages me. She represents a district where I have family, too.

13 Likes

When I think of the world these people claim to want*, this scene from Serenity always pops into my head:

I’ve never understood the drive of some folks to meddle in the lives of others. Those who take that activity to an extreme, and pursue positions of power just to have influence over (or attempt to control) larger groups are the worst. My wish for folks like MTG who abuse their positions to oppress others is that they realize all that energy put into hate and intolerance not only failed, but also made their own lives worse. Time is a precious resource, and once spent we cannot get it back.

Happen Black Woman GIF by iOne Digital

*Not the technical advancement (because that requires a belief in science), but the large divide between the “haves” and marginalized “have nots” in the universe.

11 Likes

It really does sound like one of those stories manufactured to tie all the GQP fear fantasies into one convenient package. Remember, similar “true-life” stories circulated around the horrors of abortion, the devastation of Critical Race Theory, and on the flip side, the wonders of gay conversion therapy. It is conceivable that they found one person who was unhappy with their transition and decided to milk that for all they could get. It’s much more likely that this person is a construct, like the little girl who cried to her mama, “I’m ashamed to be a white person” after those liberal educators poisoned her mind.

9 Likes

i hear this one: “all of them better worlds. i won’t live in them, Mal, i’m a monster…”

empty greene knows exactly that. she is the monster tearing down actual people to create her version of a “better world” even knowing she’ll never live there. she can’t.

her “better world” is a nightmare of fascist oppression and utter conformity to her wickedly twisted ideology. her ideal world never existed and - if i can help it - never will

10 Likes

Since we’re talking about what we want, this clip from Babylon 5 (with Greene taking the place of Mr. Morden) is a good target to strive towards (although I’d prefer Greene in prison rather than facing Morden’s fate and becoming a martyr.)

3 Likes

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

9 Likes

At least The Operative in Serenity has a real grasp of the situation - and his place in it. I’m not sure all of these tools used by the GOP realize there’s no place for them. I get the feeling some of them (especially the women) will be shocked to discover that once their usefulness is at an end, they won’t be among the chosen few in charge. Maybe we’ll be lucky enough to see that unfold. I really hope so!

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

11 Likes

it’s not always clear to everyone ( i’ll get there someday, i swear ) i think it’s just more that everyone’s lives are different and mtg and her ilk trying to force people into christian fascist boxes causes real damage.

they ignore science, they ignore doctors, they ignore kids. i think her term ends this year? i hope she loses miserably

7 Likes

House is up every 2 years. But gerrymandering makes that immaterial in way too many districts.

7 Likes

mood GIF

8 Likes

What a bloody awful person this MTG is. We have more then our fair share of them in the UK and, where you go, we do try to follow, unfortunately.
Just hateful.
On another note, can the posters not find another image of MTG. Nothing flattering, but the current favourite image is like a spider’s nightmare, shudder.

6 Likes

It sounds like she is all about the bass. As @Tamsin_Bailey says, she sounds like a great kid. All the best to you both.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.