Mark Cuban just bought a town in Texas

Originally published at: Mark Cuban just bought a town in Texas | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“A TOWN?!?!?!, Heck, I thought I was just buying the strip club! What am I supposed to do with a whole town?”

12 Likes

He’s only about 50 miles away from Carl’s Corner!

4 Likes

What an asshole. When one of my friends needs a quick few million in cash, I just give it to them. I don’t make them sell me one of their towns.
Cheapskate.

14 Likes

Did he pay his taxes?

4 Likes

I guess that’s one way to impress a stripper you have your eye on…

8 Likes

Suspicious transaction isn’t suspicious at all

7 Likes

I’ll be your friend if you buy my crap I can’t get rid of for only $1million.

See - I’m a much better friend.

11 Likes

Hm. If he owns the town, then it should be easy to hire himself as a part-time cop, giving him a loophole to restrictive carry laws elsewhere.

Robert Mercer didn’t buy a town, but I’m sure money changed hands.

5 Likes

Schlitz Creek

beer GIF

So he didn’t buy an actual town, he bought a trailer park.

Clearly I up my friendship game to bidding wars. :smirk:

2 Likes

How does 77 acres get defined as a town? Isn’t that just a small farm with a couple of houses on it?

2 Likes

Mustang, Texas
Mustang, an incorporated community on Farm Road 739 just east of Angus in central Navarro County, was the site of several liquor stores and a dance hall in the early 1990s. The population in 1987 was twelve, and in 1990 it was thirty-five.

The article doesn’t mention that the place is adjacent to I-45, the major route between Galveston and Dallas, so it isn’t exactly off the beaten path. Been by there a number of times, but had no reason to stop & barely noticed it.
Kind of a strange place for a ‘cabaret’, though.

No, instead it’s a “wide spot in the road,” barely

Aw heck, just put up a dance hall or two.

Or turn the Cubaret into a regular ol’ music venue.

It ain’t hard and there’s plenty out there who’d say the Foat Wuth / Dallas area could sure use one more dance hall. People get married in dance halls. They have family reunions in dance halls. Scootin’ yer boots is a fine way to blow off some steam and keeps people off the streets.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.