Mark Hamill talks about being an 'elderly recluse,' playing Luke Skywalker, and his new father-son film, 'The Machine'

Originally published at: Mark Hamill talks about being an 'elderly recluse,' playing Luke Skywalker, and his new father-son film, 'The Machine' | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Despite seeing himself as “elderly,” he feels “much younger” inside.

The Truth Agree GIF by CBS

2 Likes

I never really expected to be remembered for anything. I just wanted to make a living doing what I liked.

What a great philosophy. I’m a big fan of workmanlike actors.

7 Likes

He did Star Wars too!

Sheard portrayed Adolf Hitler five times in his career: in Rogue Male (1976), The Tomorrow People (1978), The Dirty Dozen: Next Mission (1985), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) and the documentary Secret History: Hitler of the Andes (2003).[10] He also portrayed Heinrich Himmler three times, in The Death of Adolf Hitler (1973), The Bunker (1981) and Space (1985). Although Sheard never played Hermann Göring, he did play Göring’s double in the 'Allo 'Allo! episode Hitler’s Last Heil.[11]

5 Likes

Nah, that would be John Cleese, with Bruno Ganz as a close second and Helge Schneider coming in third.

3 Likes

True. but then I can’t say that they were in Star Wars.

I don’t think much of Cleese’s current Hitler role to be honest. He’s gone all method acting on us.

7 Likes

‘The Machine’ was a strange movie. It was like they couldn’t decide what kind of movie they wanted it to be. Mark Hamill does annoying very well though. You really, really have to see they YouTube sketch before you go to appreciate it. I recommend both.

1 Like

2 Likes

Mr Bronson being his most evil role.

that tweet makes me laugh every time i see it. the attention to detail! holding (what i assume to be) the power converter, and then simultaneously nodding to and yanking Doctor Who fan chains by wearing the celery in his lapel, with the long striped scarf. he’s just a gem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.