Mark Zuckerberg has "secret escape passageway" under conference room

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/08/mark-zuckerberg-has-secret-e.html

2 Likes

That’s not really it’s function.

31 Likes

Well, to be frank, if I was a billionaire, I’d want a secret escape slide from my office to garage, too. Whee! :smiley:

23 Likes

My thought as well. Escape chute? Or Dr. Evil disposal trap door? For all those frickin’ idiots who have disappointed him.

11 Likes

I hope he has to go through five screens to get to his trapdoor security privacy settings before he can choose his defaults.

47 Likes

Is there more or less speculation in this than the usual comical response the tabloid media. I feel like it’s more likely the Mark Z has an escape slide than that the Queen is a cosmic lizard but seriously I feel like Going Going should have better evidence before posting something like thus.

1 Like

(Wow, is it a Zuckerburg reputation-protecta-comment-bot in the wild? Super-sorry and Welcome! to you if you’re not.)

15 Likes

I think our dear Fuckerberg has gotten a bit more paranoid over the years.

4 Likes

Because every single Facebook employee fantasizes about this scene from The Social Network…

2 Likes

Historians will mark the beginning of the end when he used the chute twice in one week in reaction to false alarms.

4 Likes

“Consider yourselves unfriended!” would be a good exit line, but you’d only get the one chance.

14 Likes

I don’t think this is as weird as when the Post Office Mafia came out in force for that one article:

Actually, I recall now that there were two factions, a “the post office must be destroyed” group and a “fellow postal carriers, hear my tales” group.

At least the darkest timeline has some bizarreness to keep us on our toes.

4 Likes

Just remember disgruntled employees - it’s hot OIL.

I think I’m even more creeped out by how he has to surveil and keep his thumb on even his highest level employees.

“Instead, his regular desk is on the floor of Facebook’s open-plan office, just like everyone”

Dude - you’re the CEO. Not the hall monitor.

6 Likes

The article seems like pure speculation, although I do find it interesting that they were planning for the terrorist car bomb scenario, but only to the degree that the the CEO would be vulnerable to a moderate size one.

2 Likes

That would make for a nice youtube series-- Austin Powers followed by the scene it’s directly referencing. Alas, it seems the youtuber uploaded only one such video.

1 Like

Looks like he omitted to set the privacy option for the existence of the passageway to “Only Me”.

7 Likes

“Would you like to Share your Escape Tunnel with Everyone?”

13 Likes

This story I only partly true. There is indeed an escape chute. But it leads to his place of birth, not the garage.

http://www.rethinkinghell.com/uploads/2014/12/hellgame1.gif

6 Likes

Mark Zuckerberg has “secret escape passageway”

Guy’s a little paranoid, but why…

I’m conflicted. I mean, Mark Zuckerberg is a corporate asshole, yes. And Facebook is a horrible cancer on the Internet, yes. But having an escape slide is also pretty awesome. I guess even rich monsters can have cool toys every once in a while.

5 Likes