Married couple get divorced so their girlfriend doesn't get jealous

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/27/married-couple-get-divorced-so.html

4 Likes

Happy mutants indeed!

18 Likes
  • cue half of America’s heads exploding, Scanners-style *
14 Likes

I have so many thoughts on this…

But this sums it up best…

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3738763/dafuq-o.gif

13 Likes

I’d worry about the kids.

4 Likes

No shock here, I occasionally listen to Dan Savage’s podcast. There’s a lot of, umm, variety out there that most of us simply don’t conceive of. Personally, these kinds of of lifestyle choices sound stressful. My wife and I often thank God we’re not single or complicated.

Couldn’t they have adopted her? Didn’t that work pre gay marriage?

8 Likes

They both have the same girlfriend, 21-year-old Sierra Kuntz

In before the Kuntz-sharing jokes!

20 Likes

Awwww, that’s nice. Good to see a heartwarming poly story out there.

28 Likes

They have three empathetic apparently well-adjusted adults in their lives who are doing their best within the restrictions of society’s irrational puritanical mores. Sounds like a better family than many kids have.

Also, chances are if they’ve been together for 12 years and have a stable poly relationship, then they’re probably well above average in terms of emotional maturity and equanimity. Most people lack the maturity for poly relationships, but then many also lack the maturity for monogamous relationships.

54 Likes

Kuntz-sharing jokes or Kuntz-shaming jokes are assured.

5 Likes

The problem with polygamy – and why it can never work in America – is that it is opposed by a book that dominates vast swaths of both red and blue America, a book that is based on age-old assumptions about creating the appropriate rules for a civilized, decent society. It is a book that is rules many, is read by few, and understood by only the most dedicated to wielding its power over others.

I speak, of course, of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.

80 Likes

I’d send this on to my dear Wife, but I fear for my life. I love her so much that I’d never cause her discomfort & pain thinking this was a wink wink nudge nudge. As for those folks, I’m happy when other people are happy.

26 Likes

I was an orphan, 3 parents would have been fine with me.

45 Likes

Technically I think these folks would call it polyamory, not polygamy. I could very well be wrong…feel free to ask them if you seem em.

8 Likes

Why do the feel they need to go public with their arrangement?

3 Likes

methinks we ALL know the answer to this question.

8 Likes

One of my dearest and oldest friends is also an orphan. She taught me not to take my parents for granted.

20 Likes

Perhaps the same reason non-hertero couples do? To show mainstream America that just because people love differently doesn’t make them less human or American?

52 Likes

Sierra plans to marry either Cristina or Benno.

I smell a reality show in the future!

13 Likes

Hmmm… if it wasn’t a love triangle I could be more enthusiastic.