Maruchan noodles are an almost free lunch

i love how the same site that post apocalyptic stories about the environment also pushes this complete fucking garbage that offers no nutrition and includes non biodegradable packaging. hope you make a nice mint on that referral link of yours. for. ramen. noodles. is this what you always envisioned for the site or…?

1 Like

At least we’re not sucking noodles through single-use plastic straws.

5 Likes

i am, it’s the new boba.

one straw per noodle.

after one noodle, the flavor isn’t as good.

4 Likes

Cup noodles were invented by the Japanese and they like them very much. Non-instant noodles are nice and all, but they are a different thing. There’s even a well known graphic novel glorifying Momofuku Andou and his invention as if it was Nobel worthy!

4 Likes

With a little work, that could have been a haiku.

3 Likes

It’s not instant noodles but watch it anyway. OK, it’s subtitled but its a helluva funny movie. A Ramen Western.

5 Likes

Me too!

That’s a whopping 15% of your iron needs. It’s either eat some cup noodles or chew on rebar

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to count fat. I mean, you can buy those cheap and add them t things, but you can’t really consume 2000 calories of vegetable oil a day (whereas I know someone who lived on white rice for an extended period in university). I guess the real takeaway is to add a little lard to your rice?

1 Like

A rice cooker is derided a unitasker, but it is the best investment I made when I was single. A 10lb bag of rice is a lot cheaper, but a generic 2lb grocery store bag of white rice is way better than this crap.

2 Likes

Before the thermostat crapped out, I’ve relied on my rice cooker for so many things…steamed veggies, hard-boiled eggs, fish, etc.
I’m working my way toward getting another, because I’ve been eating more take-out lately due this setback, and suddenly I’m getting fatter.

2 Likes

50% of Daily Sodium😮

1 Like

With 5000 grams of sodium.

Yeah a rice cooker is just so great, considering that Asian countries love their rice cookers says something. I personally hate making rice, i know its easy but i just can never get the end result to be consistent.

What brand were you using? I’ve had 3 Aromas, and until this last one fried its thermostat, my rice was always consistent, and much better than I could it myself.

Hmmmm… checking right now…

I do have an Aroma, the particular model is ARC-914SBD. I don’t use it a ton but it does make rice perfectly, i switch between white rice and black rice and it does both pretty well. If i had to complain about my particular model is that i dislike the plastic cup by the hinge that catches the condensation, i had issues getting it back in after popping it out and i ended up cracking the plastic a little bit.

If people have another brand they recommend feel free to do so for Knoxblox

1 Like

I hate the little cuppy thing, too, but deal with it anyway. I have a better model (the oblong one that fits more food and has the delay timer) at my mom’s house that I didn’t bring with me. I’m planning on having her ship it soon, because I think it’s not being used.

I would send you my condensation catcher, but it’s already been hauled off by the garbageman.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.