Marvel Comics has finally brought back the gun-toting animals of Brute Force

Originally published at: Marvel Comics has finally brought back the gun-toting animals of Brute Force | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Nothing makes me happier than when a comic book that gets shouted out on the BBS is available for hold at my library.

5 Likes

Oh wow, I wonder if this is going to make the original run worth something, I actually have it.

4 Likes

And as a library professional, it makes me happy when people are out there using their libraries! :smiley:

3 Likes

Marvel have an “interesting” history with some of their attempts to produce other profit lines.

Some characters are still around long after the attempt failed (Dazzler comes to mind) while others are long gone. Then there is the complete legal rights mess that was Rom. Hint, don’t do crossovers with your licensed characters, as it WILL cause you problems in the future (Micronauts are another example of this).

1 Like

But is their theme song as catchy as TMNT?

1 Like

Weapon II was really, really dumb
But Weapon X was run by Romulus
So most the claws were gone
Instead they got a squirrel and guns

Animals in robot girdles
Animals in robot girdles
Animals in robot girdles
Why’s the eagle a plane
with laser eyes?

3 Likes

It’s so fuckin good. Like “What if HOMEWARD BOUND was also a scathing takedown of the military industrial complex.” Clearly a major influence on the recent GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movie, too (and that new novel I’ve been slowly poking at)

1 Like

Please provide a content warning before you bring up Romulus. Some of us are still traumatized by that storyline.

1 Like

I feel like you just lifted that from my FBI profile where the profiler predicts comics I would want to read.

I just finished the second Accursed Vampire book by Madeleine McGrane which also has a central theme of 3 technically invulnerable, but also adorably vulnerable protagonists. A bit more indie and cute than We3 probably is, but it’s also delightfully queer, found-family centric and grapples with centuries of trauma.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.