Marvel's new "Aliens vs Avengers" comic is fun

Originally published at: Marvel's new "Aliens vs Avengers" comic is fun - Boing Boing

3 Likes

I find this kind of funny given that Marvel already created their own knock-off aliens back in the '80s for the X-Men comics, which are probably significantly tougher than the xenomorphs. (Does the comic involve a face-off between the xenomorphs and the brood, or at least a nod to the idea, or is that too self-referential? Deadpool shows up to joke about it, and talk about corporate mergers and brand synergies…)

4 Likes

So in that What If… show they showed that there’s not much more dangerous than a zombified Scarlet Witch, because a zombie that’s straight-up magic takes the threat to a whole new level. Now this has me wondering what happens when the aliens use magical characters like Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange as hosts for gestation…

2 Likes

Zombies (or other such horrors) combined with supers can get really fearsome! In DC’s “DCeased” comic, the Flash got infected by that comic’s version of zombies and the results were about as bad as you would expect. A good portion of the story takes place off planet once that happened!

Can the Xenomorphs exert control over the host? (I honestly can’t recall.) Even if they don’t retain traits of the host after they’re born, having control over that kind of power could make it really easy to obtain new hosts to infest.

2 Likes

Isn’t “taking on some of the traits of their host” their whole thing? That’s why the Xenomorph in Alien 3 was dog-like, and was nearly played on screen by a whippet in a costume.

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Greyhounds/s/XOTyV6Ozhu

It looks as ridiculous as expected.

2 Likes

Ah! I couldn’t remember if that was something from the movies or from something else I saw / read. Yeah, that would be extraordinarily bad!

“Great, now they have magic. That’s going to make things so much better for everyone.”

The description mentions an elderly Hulk? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Oh, I think it’s cute! :smiley:

4 Likes

A lot of bad ideas were bandied about for Alien 3. Another one was “Kaiju Alien destroys New York City.”

4 Likes

Who’s a good xenomorph? You are! You are a good xenomorph!

An Alien/Blue Whale Hybrid could have been cool.

4 Likes

The artwork looks amazing.

1 Like

The WildCATs/Aliens crossover from the early 2000s actually does that, the comic kills off most of the cast of just-cancelled comic Stormwatch, and one of them with fire-projecting powers was infected with a chestburster. When the WildCATs find her, the adult alien can breathe fire

4 Likes

“Get away from her, you beach!”

6 Likes

You will need some judges and some verminators

3 Likes

Could be worse: watch out for that Jenny Quantum Xenomorph! (Let’s not even consider an infected Doctor.)

2 Likes

3FF7F09D-4920-41C2-BF14-836E138F2311

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.