"Mass brawl" erupts on British liner after "patriotic party" ends in clown encounter

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/27/mass-brawl-erupts-on-briti.html

Buffet area sealed off as booze cruise ends in, wait, what?

8 Likes

“patriotic party” ends in clown attack

Dear World, welcome to our nightmare, signed USA.

76 Likes

Well, it sounds like it started as a clown encounter, so it’s not that surprising it ended with one.

15 Likes

How does Boris Johnson have time for cruises?

43 Likes

(NB: “fancy dress” means something else in American English.)

18 Likes

6667176-tapped_out_tuxedo_krusty

40 Likes

A modest theory.

A man through some twist of personal history has a serious drinking problem and also starts clowning while he is blacked out.

Wakes up in all kinds of strange places surrounded by balloon animals. Pancake makeup smeared on his tux and somehow wearing giant shoes he did not bring with.

15 Likes

He was elected Prime Minister.

62 Likes

The two people arrested - a man aged 43 and a 41-year-old woman, both from Chigwell, Essex - are in police custody.

Is there a connection here?

13 Likes

I’m more interested in finding out whether this couple are Leavers. It’s not clear, especially given that (from their preferred politicians) Brexiters really like clowns.

11 Likes

connected%20stupidity

43 Likes

I like that UK English has it’s idiosyncrasies but the term fancy dress party is just terrible.

Maybe it was BoJo the Clown.

29 Likes

18 Likes

Pining for the fjords?

14 Likes

Or, as the Brits call it, English.

28 Likes

How%20Droll%2C%20Cat

20 Likes

Related, schmelated. Not an intentional derail…

13 Likes

I kind of like it, but I find using “tannoy” to mean the public address system to be esoteric. (Tannoy is the name of a manufacturer who’s public address systems became ubiquitous and associated with PA speakers.)

5 Likes

It’s quiet…maybe too quiet…

10 Likes