"Mass brawl" erupts on British liner after "patriotic party" ends in clown encounter

A “patriot party”? Pennywise, Pound foolish.

You can’t have patriot without riot.

18 Likes

I hear endless (factual) comments about Brexit regarding the loss of freedom of movement for British citizens.

Since we apparently can’t seem to behave ourselves once we go abroad I’m thinking maybe that’s not such a bad thing :disappointed:

8 Likes

effin’ clowns

4 Likes

tumblr_nvapo8vyiV1uhyibpo1_500

28 Likes

I would totally watch that.

2 Likes

… Starring BoJo, the Agent Orange, Nicolas Cage. A film by Rob Zombie.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s always some clown who starts a fight…

3 Likes

Wait… lemme’ guess, Alex Jones?

That’s Tim Curry isn’t it?
Yeah, I’d watch that too.

1 Like

That’s a Trumpanzee for sure.

1 Like

It was their language before it was ours. Colour me in the centre on this.

2 Likes

Well, two problems with that idea:

1. Neither had it “first”, since USA stated as a part of England - they were two parts of the same whole that separated.
  2. UK English has drifted further than US English from what English was when the two countries split.

…and of course, there’s the other argument that English has been the official language of both countries since long before anyone still alive was even born, so unless you’re comparing who has the oldest living citizen, anyone who “ours” can refer to has equal claim to “owning” it the longest.

2 Likes

Ah, the tragedy of the Commons.

17 Likes
  1. There is no such thing as ‘UK’ English. The North East of England speak a form of English that is closer to Middle English than the US or the rest of the UK speak. If anyone can claim to speak proper English it’s the Geordies and Makems.
6 Likes

Well, this reply thread did not disappoint.

7 Likes

The idea of geographically-based vernacular drift makes perfect sense. I was just fooling around with the spellings more than anything.

1 Like

Are we suddenly in a parrot sketch?

3 Likes

No, that’s another bit.

6 Likes

82475a4aceb1b53d8e2a67bfd4e75ca1

11 Likes

Long ago (ca. 1960-ish), a Nederlands revolutionary group (Provos) spread rumors that a contingent of anarchist leaders would arrive by train, camouflaged as the Amsterdam city council. Police awaiting at the station beat the intruders… who actually WERE the Amsterdam city council. What fun!

A modern remainers group might infiltrate anti-Brexit clowns onto UK cruise ships to provoke (like a Dutch Provo) political riots onboard. Just more psychological warfare, right? For real fun, sprad samples of BoJo’s hair at crime scenes.

4 Likes