Trump on the UK: "They call it Great Britain. They used to call it England, different parts."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/03/trump-on-the-uk-they-call-i.html

13 Likes
21 Likes

Listen to President Bartlett Donnie.

16 Likes

My face, and my palm, are not going to make it through another 2+ years of this nonsense.

25 Likes
12 Likes

If put on the spot, this is frighteningly close to what my brain would come up with. But then I’m not supposed to be leader of the Free World™ building and maintaining international relationships. I can afford to sound like I spend all my time doodling animal hybrids and watching cartoons.

18 Likes

This is, hands down, the best explanation video around:

23 Likes

This is also of course the second time in a relatively short period where this has come up for him.

from Piers Morgan’s interview with him for the Daily Mail:

‘We would make a great deal with the United Kingdom because they have product that we like. I mean they have a lot of great product. They make phenomenal things, you know, and you have different names - you can say “England”, you can say “UK”, you can say “United Kingdom” so many different - you know you have, you have so many different names - Great Britain. I always say: “Which one do you prefer? Great Britain? You understand what I’m saying?’

‘You know Great Britain and the United Kingdom aren’t exactly the same thing?’

‘Right, yeah. You know I know, but a lot of people don’t know that. But you have lots of different names.

17 Likes

Those sound like some interesting doodles. Toodles, poodles!

4 Likes
13 Likes

"England is an example of a country who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice. ”

9 Likes

When people ask me why I think his emotional development is arrested somewhere around age 11 I’ll add this interview to the ever-growing body of evidence. I mean, for the love of Pete…

11 Likes

“…they used to call it Middle Earth or sometimes Westeros but it will always be Camelot to me.”

46 Likes

Brenda should have kicked him in the nuts.
I’m sure there is some historic precedent that would have allowed her to invoke a Royal prerogative.

11 Likes

It is important to remember that the President of the United States of America is plain stupid

this is literally the only memorable thing about him.

4 Likes

Hopefully after Donnie finishes his European geography lessons someone can finally explain to him how Puerto Rico is not a foreign country.

15 Likes

I prefer this one, which also highlights some of the absurdities the different names cause, particularly at sporting events:

7 Likes

I have a map for donnie.

7 Likes

This is like stand-up material written by a 12 year old who knows nothing about the world…
[In Seinfeld voice]: “What’s the deal England!? I mean, pick a name and stick with it!”

15 Likes
22 Likes