Mass shooting at church in Sutherland Springs, Texas

“Prayers” are one of the things the victims of this tragedy clearly didn’t need more of as it happened IN A CHURCH. How about some legislation, Senator Ryan?

7 Likes

Oh no, the alt-right still insists Paddock was a leftie because they have a guy who looks a bit like him at a rally wearing a Pussy hat. Even today in the comments at Breitbart, they are saying things like, “It’s always a Leftie!”, “Another Paddock”, etc.

Truth be told, we still have no idea what the guy’s political leanings were, or what his motivation was.

4 Likes

The mainstream media are all doing their “deadliest mass shooting” lists again, but this time they’re being careful to add “modern” so that they don’t have to talk about slavery and genocide.

5 Likes

THIS! A lot of what is floating around right now is made up from the whole cloth.

The propaganda campaigns don’t wait for facts, they just spin early until people don’t know what the truth even is.

7 Likes

Paul Ryan (SpeakerRyan)
The people of Sutherland Springs need our prayers right now.

In fairness, Senator Ryan has offered Prayers, but legislation requires Thoughts, and now is not the time for gun control legislation, so Thoughts will have to wait.

3 Likes

Or, better yet, the left could hold their own in the media and public discourse, regardless of who did it. Don’t accept being held to a double-standard.

Yup, don’t want to drag politics into this or anything.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nailed it. Sadly.

my co-worker pointed out that this is obviously the result of poor immigration policy. no one should have let all these white people in.

[ edit: i don’t really mean to make light of the current situation. we know what would help: gun control, a working social safety net, in some cases better mental health care, and the like.

it’s just so ridiculous that the talking heads act like there’s some sort of meaningful difference between the mass murders by white people and the mass murders by non-white people. to me it all seems motivated by the same factors and enabled by our insanely stupid gun laws.]

6 Likes

5 Likes

Uh, Paul Ryan? If prayer worked, the people in the church wouldn’t have been shot. Are you suggesting they were shot because they didn’t pray hard enough?

2 Likes

Praying IMO is a form of meditation. While meditation is good for some things it sure AF is not stopping bullets.

“I think my God, my Lord protected me and gave me the skills to do what needed to be done,” he said. “I just wish I could’ve gotten there faster but I didn’t know, I didn’t know what was happening.”

Yep, God told him to become an NRA instructor. Didn’t tell those people that it was good day to stay home from church and watch the game instead. sigh.

3 Likes
  1. Trump revokes gun ghecks for people with mental illness
  2. Gunman with history of mental illness shoots people at a church
  3. Trump blames church shooting on mental illness
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.