Massive collection of every single DC comic book from 1934-2014 to be auctioned

Originally published at: Massive collection of every single DC comic book from 1934-2014 to be auctioned | Boing Boing

1 Like

The fact that even the crazy rare valuable stuff (like Action Comics #1) is not even in a protective case of any sort does not speak well of the condition of everything. I’m sure they’ll still get lots of money for them, but probably half or a third what they could have if things were stored more carefully.

2 Likes

But they’ve been restored! Good as new.

1 Like

Thousands of comics, but we’re not allowed to read them.

Capitalism!

3 Likes

To get the best price, they’d need to get them all graded (at least the old ones) and sell one at a time.

It is a shame to break them up. If they could put them in lots by title or at least year, it would get them to stay sorta together. But you will get someone who needs issue #33 only to bid higher on one book, vs the one he needs and 11 he doesn’t.

I would love to leaf through them and smell them.

ETA - the only person who might have the means and will to buy the whole collection, that I know of, would be Nic Cage.IIRC he is a big comic fan, especially Superman.

1 Like

comprised of

Sigh.

4 Likes

Rich arrested-development wankery. Scan the comics and let everyone read them.

2 Likes

Obligs:

I’ll give ya fifty bucks. I have a puppy that’s being trained.

1 Like

You’re going to read them the comics as they learn the proper place to do their business? :thinking: That’s very sweet!

2 Likes

Just the motivational pieces.

2 Likes

Levine is not that old—I wonder what motivated

He suffered a major stroke in July 2014

… yep that’ll do it

1 Like

Hmmm i guess id bid on some Kamandi, Last Boy on Earth. But otherwise…ehhh.

1 Like

Save that, at least according to a recent interview, he doesn’t have the money. That is why he has been churning out so many movies of late, because of being in so much debt after the real estate market crashed.

1 Like

I think that, with a little looking, virtually all of those have already been scanned and are out there somewhere for people to read.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.