Massive sinkhole bigger than a basketball court opened up in Chile

Originally published at: Massive sinkhole bigger than a basketball court opened up in Chile | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That there’s a big hole

5 Likes

Meanwhile, Minera Ojos del Salado is actively searching for massive little Dutch boy.

3 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

One basketball court is about eighty Alex Jones!

3 Likes

I love how it was initially presented as this big mystery as to why it was happening, when the accompanying photos showed the mining company’s fence was a stone’s throw away.

4 Likes

Please do not encourage the dumping of toxic (masculinity) waste.

5 Likes

Massive sinkhole bigger than a basketball court opened up in Chile

Americans will measure with anything but the metric system.

3 Likes

Canadian Lundin Mining
150 King Street West, Suite 2200
P.O Box 38
Toronto, ON
Canada M5H 1J9
Phone: [+1 416 342 5560]
Fax: [+1 416 348 0303]
[info@lundinmining.com]

2 Likes

But it’s the International basketball court!/s

2 Likes

3 Likes

Basketball court?! That’s not a useful unit of measure. How many giraffes is it?

6 Likes

I congratulate this sinkhole on its roundness

4 Likes

The one thing we know for sure at this point is that Bernard Cribbins is not involved in any way.

2 Likes

If you haven’t already, make a note of the name Lundin. They are close to a parody of evil capitalism.

During a UN boycott of Apartheid South Africa, Lundin’s pursuit of gold mining operations with the racist government fueled a storm of criticism from international press. Responding to the criticism … [founder] Adolf Lundin said, “I do not understand the … rage against this beautiful country.”

https://abc10up.com/2016/10/29/chasing-elephants-lundin-mining/

2 Likes

Giraffes is clearly a unit for length. The standard unit for area is Wales.

5 Likes

Do they at least bring a Bruja out there with a big trampoline so she can determine whether the sinkhole is just about finished, in a ‘maybe’ state, or give a ‘nope’ and a new road distance? I love the note about it not affecting quarterly guidance of course (as if no more than 10% of their bore assets were in the area, etc.) but who’s in charge of deciding when the particular octagon opens for biz? Shorebirds?

[Meanwhile, underground:] We said up? Who counterbalanced this thing?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.