Master Cylinder: things I was very afraid of as a small child

I thought either of these two should have called themselves “Master Cylinder”: https://gazettereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2hype-300x300.jpg

2 Likes

Oh, man, those guys seriously wigged me out. The thing is, people of the age to be scared of Land of the Lost wouldn’t fear cylinder-shaped robots because of 7-Zark-7 from Battle of the Planets and, to a lesser extent, R2-D2 from some movie called Star Wars.

4 Likes

I came here to make this same comment. upnod

2 Likes

Thankfully they were finally able to contain his shenanigans by giving him a phone with Tinder.

1 Like

Start here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2937030

2 Likes

THE nightmare fuel from my early childhood…

6 Likes

Oh, man! I envy you then (and not in the ‘you get to experience it fresh’ sense).

1 Like

Here’s MY cartoon based stupid. Tom and Jerry cartoon, they go to the moon, and an alien in the shape of a pencil sharpener gets hold of Tom’s tail and sharpens it, and it’s now a pencil, and he writes “this stinks!” or something on the moon.
So, my 6 year old self, KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT HUMANS ARE MADE OF, go up stairs and try to sharpen my finger. Which won’t fit in the largest hole. I take the cowling off, and stick it in there ANYWAY, and turn the crank, rotary slicing my finger.
WHY? I don’t know. I knew it was stupid as I was doing it, but did it anyway.

EDIT: Well, I just spent 2 hours trying to track that cartoon down. No avail. Maybe NOT T&J then.
Anyone know what the heck it was?

6 Likes

Ok. Some idiot told me not to stick a peanut up my nose when I was 4 or so. So of course I did. Even more fun, I locked myself in the bathroom and totally panicked, forgetting how to get the door open again. They had to rescue me thru the window.

3 Likes

Being a late bloomer baby boomer the thing on TV that scared me the most when I was a small child was the coverage of the Vietnam War and Civil Rights marches. They should some truly graphic stuff on the News back then and none of this ‘warning’ crap they say nowadays.

I always enjoyed Felix and his enemies. They were part of the “Big Brother Show” with Bob Emery.

A super-villain with a cord you can unplug. That was handy!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.