Master the second best-paid programming language in the U.S. with this beginner-friendly training

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/18/master-the-second-best-paid-pr.html

Python is so last decade.

Do you have any proof hiring managers give any credence to this certification bundle?

1 Like

Does it really matter? Savings are 97%!! Everything must go!!!

1 Like

Price is not the object. Time is. Would I be wasting my time if my goal is to get hired. What are these certs worth in the real world?

Now I want to know what’s the FIRST best paid programming language?

And why aren’t they selling that bundle?

4 Likes

They’re paying languages, now?

3 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s bullshit. No list that I can find puts Python anywhere near the top. See for example:

2 Likes

Clojure? I guess the question is “how much does it pay,” not “how easy is it to find a job”.

1 Like

Python examples and documentation are like the guy who knows a lot of good jokes, but always leaves something out at the punchline.

4 Likes

Unless a job requires a specific certification, most certifications aren’t worth the paper they are printed on. When performing an interview, there has not been a single time I’ve considered any sort of certification (and this includes college degrees) as part of my hire/no-hire decision.

As to whether it’s worth your time is up to you. A certification could be useful to show “yes, I can pass some sort of test demonstrating knowledge about a particular subject domain” but it is unlikely to help you get hired anywhere. If you just are learning use one of the millions of existing free tutorials online or take a class at a local community college if you can.

1 Like

Reminds me a lot of Apple’s developer documentation.

And just because a programming language pays well, doesn’t mean it’s in demand. It’s kind of a catch 22. You’ll get more money if you’re skilled in a specialized language (or whatever the current trendy language is), but you’ll have fewer job prospects.

1 Like

PERL. The answer is always PERL

2 Likes

They could always try the NSA.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.