Matt Gaetz — still after Kevin McCarthy — calls for ethics investigation over "sucker punch"

Originally published at: Gaetz hits McCarthy in ethics complaint

3 Likes

A circular firing squad takes some organization. The GOP is more like a drunken brawl.
Angry Black And White GIF by GritTV

8 Likes

A call from an ethics investigation. From Gaetz. That’s rich.

5 Likes

panda eating GIF

6 Likes

I hate agreeing with Matt Gaetz about anything, but it does seem like Kevin McCarthy did assault someone on Capitol grounds, and that should be dealt with pretty harshly.

Granted I wouldn’t take the word of Gaetz, or even the Congressman assaulted (he is a MAGAt after all) but I can’t imagine an NPR reporter just making stuff like this up.

3 Likes

There was a line in ‘Alice’s Restaurant’ about “got a lotta damn gall” that just popped into my mind…

6 Likes

That’s rich coming from this asshole. I don’t think this pedo understand what decorum mean.

5 Likes

On February 15, 1798 the two representatives fought on the floor of the House of
Representatives because Griswold was upset that the House failed to eject—largely split along party lines—Lyon for spitting tobacco juice at him 2 weeks earlier on January 30.

So, to right this grievous wrong, Griswold attacked Lyon with his walking stick while the latter was at his desk. Lyon defended himself with fireplace tongs, and the two exchanged blows until they were ultimately separated by the other Congressmen.

Neither was ejected - of course the most (in)famous fight might have been when one congressman beat almost to the point of death another in the chamber while a third held a revolver keeping anyone from attempting to help. That incident shortly preceded the civil war.

5 Likes

Still wondering how Matt Gaetz is not in prison or was taken back to his home planet, Metaluna

5 Likes

Obligs

5 Likes

So, help me out. Congress is or isn’t a Western?

6 Likes

Season 2 Episode 6 GIF by Rick and Morty

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.