Mattress shopping with a bad back

I felt this to be in-line with my expectations. The horsehair bed was not.

3 Likes

My grandma had a horsehair bed and she bragged about it. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sure but when i fill a bag the size of a mattress with hair suddenly there’s all these police officers and questions

/s

5 Likes

I have an original Purple mattress and I LOVE it. I had to get a new mattress in 2018 because of my own back…I will say this: Purple is not kidding about how important stretchy sheets are. i slept on non-stretchy sheets the first year and my experience was average. Since I switched, it’s like a whole new mattress. I’m just using Jersey sheets from Target (because Purple’s are an extra $100) and they work fine I also have the Purple pillow, which is nice but is waayyy too thin of a form factor. I have to boost it with an extra pad so it properly supports my neck and head. It’s also heavy as FUCK, but it gives me a great night’s sleep all around.

2 Likes

I was told by my neurosurgeon 11 years ago that I had the spine of a 80 year old farmhand. I wasn’t even half way to 80. I knew I needed a new mattress & kept putting it off. I was slerping on a VERY old twin mattress on my living room floor. After 5 surgical repairs to my left shoulder in 2018 & new injuries to the rotator cuffs in both shoulders in July 2019, I finally got serious about it. My neurosurgeon pain special had shared that she loved her new mattress & even bought a set for her parents. I was worried, there was NO way I could afford what a neurosurgeon could. But I ended up getting it; the cloud like mattress is by Saavta. It’s the luxury firm but it’s nothing like a firm mattress. The first time I crawled onto this thing I swear the angels sang. It’s a hybrid & comes in 2 thicknesses & with white glove deliver & haul away. I added an adjustable bed base to help with recovery from the shoulder surgeries this year and the extensive spinal surgery in 2021. By the time I’m done with surgery, I’ll have as much metal in me as the coils in my bed. This bed is sincerely the Golden Child of mattresses. Organic cotton covers and all. If you give up on purple before the 100 days & want to hear the angels sing try Saavta!

1 Like

I’ve got some lower back issues (minor, but chronic), and after reading reviews, got a Casper. The foam is firm enough to support, but in a weird way that my previous spring didn’t. Body parts that need to sink in, do, and get supported without excess pressure. I can sleep on my side for the first time without shoulder discomfort, and my ahem booty sinks in enough that my lower back still is comfortably supported if I sleep on my back.

1 Like

Did someone say “mattress” to Mr Lambert? Now we’ll have to get in the box and sing…

5 Likes

I thought surely by now someone would have chimed in about sleeping on the floor (with an Asian-style futon mattress) instead to cure back issues. Anyone?

$60,000 later your grandma might have felt like bragging rights were dead on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.