Maxwell Berry, taped to seat for groping 2 flight attendants and punching a third, gets 60-day sentence

Originally published at: Maxwell Berry, taped to seat for groping 2 flight attendants and punching a third, gets 60-day sentence | Boing Boing

5 Likes

In a statement, Berry’s lawyer said, "He’s a really good white kid from a great rich family, who was punished for his worst day.

Fixed.

44 Likes

They don’t send you to jail or not based on how you are on your best days.

41 Likes

Sadly yet another case of influinza. Had this goof been a bit browner he’d be gone for years.

11 Likes

“…he had already suffered a severe punishment in the form of damage to his reputation.“

27 Likes

That’s not enough, and everybody knows it.

12 Likes

I’d’ve given him 10 years and permanently put him on the no-fly list, but I’m a woman.

21 Likes

Unless you are white.

11 Likes

I was thinking “he groped two flight attendants and punched a third, and only got 60 days!!! Was the one he punched Black?” I then watched the video, and sure enough…

21 Likes

I guess $2 million is still considered wealthy in Ohio? That’s middle class around here.

Imagine if other criminal defense attorneys tried that line.

“Your honor, my client has already suffered the public humiliation of having his name forever associated with kidnapping, murder and ritualistic cannibalism. I ask you, hasn’t Mr. Dahmer been punished enough??”

18 Likes

Black people who sell loose cigarettes get shot. White goons who commit multiple cases of assault get gentle hugs.

17 Likes

I kind of assume he was drunk, but maybe this is this guy’s behavior when sober.

Additional suggestion.

10 Likes

We could call him The Ugliest American, but there is no bottom. There is no ugliest.

Perhaps there could be a satisfactory ending: each of the 3 assaulted flight attendants can sue him civilly. And then the “TWO MILLION DOLLARS” his parents each make annually and the “FORTY MILLION DOLLARS” his grandfather is worth will come into play.

10 Likes

Doesn’t even matter. He did what he did. It’s recorded. His sentence is a joke.

16 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of how criminal sentencing works. Nobody goes to jail based on what they did while they were on their very best behavior.

15 Likes

Surprised he got any time, but the entitled prick needed more.

3 Likes

My worst day? Hmm. I’ve had too much to drink a few many times, and done stupid sh*t. Grope 2 flight attendants and punching a third? Parading shirtless up and down an airplane declaring how rich I am? Nope. Never EVER EVER have I done anything like that or even considered it.

4 Likes

That’s it! That’s it in a poisonous, archaic, evil, tribalistic AF, foul nutshell.

4 Likes