May 10, 1986: Rock Me Amadeus hit number on the UK Pop charts

Originally published at: May 10, 1986: Rock Me Amadeus hit number on the UK Pop charts | Boing Boing

1 Like

Always preferred Der Kommissar. Hated the English cover.

3 Likes

And a decade later, we got a better version.

12 Likes

ABBA would like to have a word…

1 Like

Falco’s, not Flaco’s …

8 Likes

I will always remember the music radio station that did a parody called “eat me I’m a danish”.

But then, I’m strange. :smiley:

2 Likes

I prefer this Falco:

3 Likes

“Eat me I’m a Danish” is a good food pun since in Denmark the pastry is known as what would loosely translate as ‘Vienna bread’ – where Falco was from and is still memorialized in a nightclub bearing his name near the Opera House.

2 Likes

Here’s FLA recent (well, semi-recent, I guess) cover with Jimmy Urine…

Falco rules, tho…

Als ist klare, herr Kommissar!

8 Likes

I have fond memories of FALCO! being used in NTK’s weekly newsletter to announce the demise of yet another ill-thought-through internet startup in the early 2000s…

1 Like

Kenny Hollywood, unless there was another version of it which wouldn’t surprise me all that much.

1 Like

Flaco is what he called himself when he was releasing open source lossless music files

2 Likes

“…is in town, Uh-oh!”

6 Likes

That was great! I love Falco and FLA, but did not know they had done this! While I like the Max Headroominess of the video, I will still take the over the top original everytime

3 Likes

I always had a soft spot for this, myself:

1 Like

Never realised this was in German, some how i only now the chorus. Did they do a localised version for the UK and usa, or was it only the German version?

Another classic from Milan, Italy this time:

1 Like

No, Flaco was what he called himself when he was qaurterbacking the Baltimore Ravens.

No, it isn’t.

1 Like