An Oktoberfest cover of 'Straight Outta Compton'

Originally published at: An Oktoberfest cover of 'Straight Outta Compton' | Boing Boing

6 Likes

As someone in the YouTube comments correctly said this should have been “Straight outta Kempten

11 Likes

I went down that channel’s rabbit hole and now my face hurts from smiling too much. Great job!

3 Likes

Well now the lyrics sound sinister, as if this is what Nazi frat boys sing when drunk.

2 Likes

HAH!
Was about to write that.

4 Likes

Everything works just fine in oompah.

3 Likes

As an accordionist have to say that the polka is one of the most versatile song formats, anything can be polkafied. Oompa all the way.

5 Likes

giphy (4)

6 Likes
7 Likes

Well now I’m just sitting here giggling like an utter fool. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Love it. Here’s another one worth listening to: the polka version of Pink Floyd’s Us and Them.

1 Like

same channel also did Gangsta’s paradise: Gangsta's Paradise - Oktoberfest Edition - YouTube

2 Likes

It is absolutely one of my favorite styles for outdoor music. I don’t know how much is the way it carries in the wind and how much is just nostalgic crossed wires, but missing out on it the past two years has been rough.

1 Like

Little known fact: much Mexican music influenced by polka-loving German immigrants.

3 Likes

Nice place for Sommerferien.
Some of my family would go there every summer.
Danke schön for the memories.

Oldest continuously lived-in town in Deutschland!

2 Likes

Challenge accepted

ETA
On the othe hand, some music is just begging to be polkafied.

1 Like

A humppafication of Lady Gaga’s Poker Face:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.