Watch: Dave Grohl crashes God-fearing protestors with a spectacular surprise

Originally published at: Watch: Dave Grohl crashes God-fearing protestors with a spectacular surprise | Boing Boing

21 Likes

Hands down one of Ozzy Osbourne’s best albums.

14 Likes

even as a member of the LGBTQ community, i have to say i didn’t realize that the Westboro hatemongers were still around. i thought they fizzled when Fred died. i love Dave Grohl and the FF more and more every day.

39 Likes

Dave’s a legend, lol

14 Likes

Now now that David Grohl fellow, such a devastating riposte. He can be positively… diabolical.

13 Likes

“God Is Your Enemy” is. . . an interesting sign. You could interpret that a couple ways.

52 Likes

As someone who grew up just outside Bonner Springs, PLEASE do not associate these assholes with my home town…we have enough shit going down there just by sheer dint of being Kansas (and Red AF) that we do not need to be drug six feet under by these aggressively hateful people. Bonner Springs is where the CONCERT was taking place. TOPKEA (way to go capital city) is where these asshats hail from.

25 Likes

The video is a little grainy…is that Pat Smear’s head bobbing up and down back behind the driver’s window?

5 Likes

Dave ALSO has a band! They were there too! How about that?

7 Likes

Can ya do it any better than that?

As always, Rock on Dave Grohl!

18 Likes

Yep, me too. I just kind of thought the rest of them would do the decent thing and die themselves. Pitiful flecks of shit. You just can’t trust anybody to do the right thing. And after the trump episode the Westie’s look like such amateur’s you’d think they’d stay in the closet.

8 Likes

bee gees strut

I think they’d approve.

21 Likes

church-goers
hatemongers

Yes, but more than both: personal injury scammers. This bunch is no better (and much worse) than those slip-and-fall con artists.

16 Likes

As for Westboro still being a thing… It is located in Topeka KS, a stereotypically conservative, Midwest bible belt town. Westboro isn’t a one man outlier, it’s a loud part of the overall culture that still financially supports them.

But there is hope: Equality House - Planting Peace

7 Likes

Heck, I live in Kansas and I thought the Westboro church fizzled out as well. I hadn’t seen them in ages. In his final years, Fred mellowed-out considerably and even had kind things to say about the people that live in the rainbow-painted house across from their compound. Unfortunately the seeds of hate that he planted took root with his children, one daughter in particular, so it appears the beat goes on.

8 Likes

I can’t get over how natural Taylor Hawkins looks as a Bee-Gee.

19 Likes

woman in red trying so hard not to dance…

7 Likes

One of the signs says “GOD HATES (something) IDOLS”.

I wonder if they mean BTS specifically or were referring more generally to K-Pop. /s

6 Likes

Grohl-roll - Can we make that a thing?

9 Likes

And the douchebags of Westboro Baptist are IMMUNE to the music. They’re just half-dead, brain-dead fools with no inner-life, and no spark of joy, no nothing. Sad.

5 Likes