May the Fourth: Mehdi Hasan on the politics of "Andor"

Originally published at: May the Fourth: Mehdi Hasan on the politics of "Andor" | Boing Boing

1 Like

It seems almost impossible that this show is as good as it is.

6 Likes

Yeah, amidst the dross that DIsney is otherwise making of established franchises, this series and the performances therein absolutely shone.

5 Likes

Almost as impossible as how good this show is, is convincing people to watch it.

Most of the people I tell about Andor hear Star Wars, and dismiss it out of hand. It almost couldn’t be less Star Wars, not a laser sword to be found, but the association makes the recommendation difficult, at least in my experience.

5 Likes

What do you mean? A spaceship had two of them later on! :wink:

4 Likes

More importantly, no Jedis. Resistance to fascism isn’t the exclusive job of a select genetic few with magical microscopic life forms in their veins, but everyone’s task and obligation.

7 Likes

What I liked about it, was it felt like the old West End RPG. Where you were basically clandestine rebel operatives sneaking into Imperial bases and such. At least that is how I ran my games.

Maybe.

3 Likes

I know that looks a lot like a laser sword, but since you can’t see the ends, it could just be a continuous beam, slicing distant planets in half…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.