Mayor called Obamas "monkey man" and "gorilla face", but "I'm not a racist"

For his punishment I would sentence him to a mirror. Yeah, Yeah, cruel and unusual maybe but let the punishment fit the crime .

5 Likes

7 Likes

Fixed that for him.

(I believe @crenquis had left his sarcasm tag open)

8 Likes

No doubt! She’s looking at the mayor, not @crenquis

5 Likes

I would imagine that a majority of his constituents are aware of the kind of person he is, and feel that he represents them well. As long as that’s the case, there’s no reason he has to resign.

4 Likes

Either that or they all need to resign from being fucking constituents.

6 Likes

Bingo!

https://www.spokanecounty.org/elections/results.aspx

11/26/2013 General Election

City of Airway Heights Council Position No. 1

Patrick D. Rushing 561 94.60 %
WRITE-IN 32 5.40 %

10 Likes

Cor blimey, he is like a stereotype of every white family’s callous, proudly ignorant, pontificating asshole of a conservative uncle.

I look at this less as an embarrassment for Airway Heights and more as an opportunity for us all to make it fucking crystal clear that this is racism, too.

LETS DO IT, AMERICA. Lets make an example of this buffoon! LIKE AND SHARE FOR JESUS

1 Like

12 Likes

The point was the dehumanize African Americans and to place them lower on the evolutionary ladder. I’m guessing the language emerged with the discussions on race and evolution in the late 19th century, as it became part of social darwinism.

9 Likes

I suspect that you aren’t the only one guessing! It seems to also indicate a poor understanding of Darwin.

2 Likes

Well of course… social darwinism and eugenics was an incredibly poor understanding of darwin, as was the construction of race, historically. This is from the late 19th century [eta] note the white lady bringing light to non-whites:

Here is another chart from the 20s:

http://www.journalofamericanhistory.org/teaching/2001_03/sources/image_branches.html

10 Likes

In the other 75 posts, there are statements that are sufficiently threatening to justify consideration of detention and 24 hours of psychiatric observation.

A reasonable person could not conclude the totality of the posts linked are harmless.

2 Likes

Or at least impeachment. Hmmm, I wonder if a mayor can be impeached…

Hmm … He has impeached his own credibility.

1 Like

There could be an opportunity to realign the governing coalition there by publicly calling upon other conservatives to denounce each unpopular statement the mayor will reliably continue to make until separated from the office.

4 Likes

Nearly everywhere in Washington outside of King County (Seattle area) is basically uber Republican red state so this doesn’t surprise me at all.

The only reason Washington seems so liberal and progressive is because King County has the voting majority for the state.

1 Like

I think I’ve found Trump’s running mate.

7 Likes

Right, racists are people obsessed with race, but that’s not the KKK, as they claim that they’re only interested in civil rights (with a particular emphasis on civil rights for white people. Which is totally different from being obsessed with race because it’s just a vague concern for them, or something). Because, you know, those poor, poor oppressed white people in this country… Meanwhile those libruls are the real racists, what with pointing out race all the time and their continued oppression of black folks with those social programs. If it weren’t for those, everyone would be the same!

7 Likes