Mayor of Jackson, MS: "I believe we can pray potholes away"

I read about a guy drawing dicks around potholes. Someone try that.

11 Likes

Might take a while ā€“ I think that W Bush is still trying to pray stupid away.

3 Likes

Has anyone asked, yet? People did ask if the good pastor tried paying people to fix the potholes:

Well alrighty then.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ninja road repair is his prayerful kata. It was only ever $6.5M a season in moving orange cones, (and $3.5M training, $2.4M heavy equipment fees, FICO, insurance) and $0.5M road cloth and bitumen-concrete composite patch (and now, the speedline work will be, erā€¦)

Have the Hare Krishna do some work on the disposal wells around, too.
11,000 fake points to whoever posts examples of the portable ark being carried into the road service building.

1 Like

How about praying ā€˜the stupidā€™ away?

3 Likes

Papist!

4 Likes

22 Likes
15 Likes

[insert 3rd grade joke about Mississippi having PeePee in it]

7 Likes

Have you been praying to the right tree demon, Lao Lau? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT_vzl-q8MU <-playback says my country can suck it, or something.

1 Like

Christian, and I agree with you.

God will do as God will, your words one way or another for or against will not change what S/He does. So get off your bloody ass, and get to doing things.

Would rather you turn the goat into barbeque.

8 Likes

I was eating dinner with a Ghanaian friend who started off by asking Jesus to cover the food with his blood.

I wouldnā€™t be able to resist asking if thatā€™s meant to improve the flavor, or merely the spiritual healthfulness of the dish.

6 Likes

Fortunately for this mayor, I am a POTHOLE PRAYER WARRIOR. He can purchase my special Jesus filled asphalt, filled with the spirit of the Holy One, Blessed be He, and I will spackle that town with HIS LOVE. It is only a slight upcharge from regular (AKA DEMON) ASPHALT.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s illegal in the South otherwise known as the ā€œStupidity Beltā€.

1 Like

I know; silly me.

3 Likes

ā€¦there is a gay bar in chicago called the manhole.
ā€¦they use a manhole cover as their logo.

Trying to unload some of those Jim Bakker potato soup mix buckets i see! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Orā€¦
ā€œOK, Iā€™ll think for you.ā€

But, there are genuine, thinking people who also pray, and I donā€™t want to insult them.

5 Likes

Iā€™d still be happy to help eat that goat, though. Thatā€™s some tasty meat.

3 Likes