MC5's Wayne Kramer touring to celebrate "Kick Out the Jams" 50th anniversary

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/03/mc5s-wayne-kramer-touring-to.html

7 Likes

WhooHoo!!!

What did poor James ever do to you?

“MC5’s Wayne Kramer touring to celebrate “Kick Out the James” 50th anniversary”

5 Likes

Rock and Roll lives!

1 Like

hqdefault

I am always too slow with the fast snark.

4 Likes

However it has been seen relying on ibuprofen and metamucil instead of speedballs and beer lately.

10 Likes

They sample the MC5 at the beginning of this KLF classic.

Thought I like the instrumental version more.:

And the America - What time is Love even more:

ETA - and KLF borrowed the whole JAMS thing.

4 Likes

I get that “proto-punk” is a common label for MC5, but dammit I would be extremely annoyed if my music was defined in terms of something that came around later.

It’s like being called an appetizer. Bitch, I’m an entree!

8 Likes

Pass the canapés, please.

4 Likes

Holy shit! 50 years since Kick out the Jams!

2 Likes

I kinda liked that headline better, to be honest

2 Likes

Dang! Double DANG!

2 Likes

Real music makes life worth living :zap:️:zap:️:zap:️

“Kick out the moms, jammyfuckers!”

2 Likes

Oh how I would love to see the photos that guy was shooting with his little 50mm lens.

1 Like

A lotta snark in previous comments, but no mention of Kramer’s excellent solo output:

For my money, Citizen Wayne and The Hard Stuff were great songwriting in a raw, real voice, and they belong right up there with Iggy’s stuff, but hey, what do I know. I clearly don’t know how to snark.

Jeez… It’s not like anyone said anything remotely negative about the guy.

4 Likes

All hail the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu!

1 Like

Punk was a flash in the pan. It lasted 6 months, one year tops. Really. It morphed fast. But it was the spark that flamed the embers glowing beneath it. Dada was also incredibly short lived, but look at what it wrought. It also did not come sui generis. Read ‘Lipstick Traces’.

Nor did I mean to imply that. Just adding data.

1 Like

I like to think of punk rock as trying to copy the titans that came before. All the first punkers worshiped the the likes of MC5 and the Stooges. They saw them as the best and wanted to play with that much intensity.