McDonald’s is not terrible

It’s probably more in Manhattan, but around here you can get a steamed pork bun or baked pork bun for about $1.00. Cheap and amazing.

6 Likes

Black Cat Reaction GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

6 Likes

Hey! Whatever curls your toes!

Re Kewpie: You can order it from Amazon’s. Costco’s also stocks it, although I’d call first. We get ours from Whole Foods.

1 Like

I used to get that but their sausage patties give me heartburn something fierce. The regular egg McMuffin combo is our go-to road trip breakfast. And I’m sure it existed before but they really popularized the concept of the breakfast sandwich.

2 Likes

Costco sort of carries kewpie. It’s an american formulation. Go to a place that imports it if you want the real stuff

3 Likes

So thankful we have asian markets here. My wife picked up a bottle this weekend and we had it in egg salad as part of her birthday celebration with her parents this weekend. Nom.

2 Likes

(excerpt) … [Warren} Buffett saves money any way he can. On his way to the office, he stops at McDonald’s for breakfast and has one of his three favorites: two sausage patties; a sausage, egg and cheese; or a bacon, egg and cheese.

3 Likes

What? Making breakfast at home doesn’t save money?

(Obligs “We have McDonald’s at home” reference)

4 Likes

A better Yahoo writeup would have remarked that Warren’s one indulgence is McD’s! Or maybe he can’t cook and won’t spend money on an at-home cook. Maybe Oprah can nail him down on that one. :smiley:

4 Likes

My first thought too! Even an egg mcmuffin isn’t that cheap anymore.

3 Likes

Otherwise known as his wife?

4 Likes

She won’t allow sausages into the house. Heart-bombs.

2 Likes

Seriously? So he’s going against his doctor’s and wife’s expert opinions, huh? Maybe not so wise after all!

4 Likes

Oracles predict the future, no one said it has to be a good or healthy one.

As an aside, my father is a historian and once had a flight where he was surprised to find the guy in the next seat over was deeply interested in his research on commodity pricing in the early 20th century. He realized as they got off the plane that he had been sitting next to Warren Buffet.

5 Likes

Hmm. I wonder how the chances of sitting next to a famous billionaire compare to the chances of finding anyone else genuinely interested in studying historical commodity pricing. :thinking: :wink:

4 Likes

I love my dad, but I’ve heard him talk about his research. I’d give it to sitting next to a famous billionaire, even knowing Buffett is basically the only one who doesn’t use a private jet.

3 Likes

Au Cheval sounds like the kind of place to paste up a goose liver and give it to me. McDonald’s by a mile. It’s gonna have something everybody can eat, though some might complain.

Not actually true. And considering that they’ve been caught lying about ingredients before, anyone with a serious dietary restriction will avoid McD’s rather than take the chance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.