McDonalds testing new Chicken McNugget, with 32 ingredients presumably including chicken

About 60-70 calories an egg. About 5g of fat and 6g of protein. High in cholesterol, but… they’re eggs. They evolved to breed chickens, I would be amazingly surprised if they were lower in cholesterol. And we no longer think dietary cholesterol is all that bad anymore. This compares very favorably to a bag of chips or a candy bar, depending on the specific nutritional needs.

As for GMO, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Hormones, which aren’t the same thing? Chickens who lay eggs are also not given hormones. Young chickens lay eggs at the rate of one every 23 hours. They already lay eggs as fast as chickenly possible. There’d be no point. All containers that say “hormone free” have the same honesty content as a bottle of olive oil saying, “a low-carb snack!”

As for GMO? Maybe in the feed, but chickens are not genetically modified, they’re still selectively bred. Which I suppose is “genetically modified.”

Eggs are fine. They’re fine.

24 Likes