MEAT (redux), or, HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND EMBRACE MEAT, MEATLESS DISHES, AND VINTAGE COOKBOOKS

You beautiful nerds should write some articles. I’d read them.

3 Likes

I think your collection beats the pants off of mine, then gracefully apologizes but with panache and flair.

I recently found one that had went missing, but while it isn’t that old it is hard to find in the states. (Beer brewing)

1 Like

One day I’m going to get off my rear and do a youtube cooking show. But not the kind that is mocking, tho those are hilarious, but actually sincere. Cuz dammit I want to know what jelly made with antlers or isinglass tastes like!

3 Likes

I don’t even know where you would get enough isinglass. But the stuff I’ve used is… Fragrant.

Heh, don’t we have a thread for this already…?

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/isinglass.html

1 Like

On a serious note, Alibaba is more set up as a business-to-business site. Their direct-to-consumers site is AliExpress. Which has isinglass available in more reasonable lots: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20150820075618&SearchText=isinglass

Oh I know, Aliexpress has eaten many of my productive day hours… I’m just amused that you can buy a metric ton of isinglass on Alibaba. (Tho some suppliers on Alibaba do small quantities too, and often have shops on Aliexpress too, its crazy in there!)

1 Like

I only heard about AliExpress in the past month

#WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME?!?!? [1]

1 Like

One of the isinglass suppliers also has concentrated powdered beet juice in huge quantities–i want some!!! Think of the colors!

I’m sorry? I didn’t know you didn’t know? What else don’t you know? Maybe I can help?

@japhroaig - Alibaba/express is a black hole that I have fallen into too many times! You shall not tempt me sir!

That was one of the most enraging movies I have ever seen in my life. AND we got an hour Q&A with the director afterwards and even he was still agog with the film he’d made.

This topic was automatically closed after 555 days. New replies are no longer allowed.