Meet "Dr. Kitty," the teenager who performed unlicensed cosmetic surgery from her basement

This is awesome: The psychosis, the biohacking, everything!

This needs to be the basis for a movie, guys.

5 Likes

See? The invisible hand of the free market at work! Now people know not to go to her.

The system totally works and stuff.

28 Likes

The most important fact left out of this article is how Dr Kitty’s rate of “unfavorable outcomes” compares to licensed plastic surgeons.

9 Likes

Hell, I didn’t want medical treatment when I lived in Beijing. Why would I let a 19 year old Chinese woman perform surgery on me in Toronto?

ida

22 Likes

So she had one little mishap. She still looks damn good for 59.

6 Likes

It’s amazing what people will let completely unqualified quacks do to them.

Even if plastic surgery isn’t covered, any real doctor would have figured out how to tag her OHIP card with a billable visit. Doctor Kitty not asking for her OHIP card should have been a red flag. Besides the name, that is.

6 Likes

If Dr. Kitty keeps up her emotionless expression she is sure to avoid laugh lines, or scowls, well into her youthful 90’s.

15 Likes

the use of super glue instead of stitches

Um, anyone gone to the doctor for a bad cut recently? That’s standard medical procedure now. Although I imagine your insurance company isn’t paying $1.59 for the glue.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Anyone care to guess which procedure/s ‘Dr Kitty’ was offering?

I’m thinking if that was the case, she’d go by ‘Dr Liddy’…

3 Likes

I’m guessing if you’re going to a 19 year old’s basement for a procedure, you’ve hopefully got a pretty good idea that she’s not a legit cosmetic surgeon, but you’ve somehow decided that she’s skilled enough to do the job decently… Why, I can’t explain. But I can’t possibly imagine that these people really think the whole situation is on the up and up.

I saw this when I worked in Torrance, and occasionally had to surgically repair dog ears that someone had had done in “some guy they know” 's garage. To be honest, at that point I really didn’t give a F about much other than fixing the damage, and trying to salvage enough viable tissue… and infection. Always infection. Hint: Dental floss is not a substitute for proper suture material.

16 Likes

Here in Australia we have just had this death:

the “operation” was performed in a beauty salon.

3 Likes

Goodbye Kitty!

11 Likes

Why do they care how their pit bull’s ears look as long he’s willing to tear out throats? I always thought canine ear surgery was bizarre, at least docking tails has a primitive “we’ll just cut that off!!” feel to it.

5 Likes

The doctor:

Dr Kitty

And her medical instruments:

Kitty's medical instruments

17 Likes

I guess it’s just as well she didn’t use her actual surname, “Dr. Wang.”

4 Likes

Isn’t kitty wang a bit too spiky?

4 Likes

Universal healthcare if she screws up.

1 Like